The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Top 5 magic DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Quote:
On 2005-05-08 22:12, Alewishus wrote:
DVD's are for super losers, and so are books and videos!
In my day we used our imaginations to come up with our own tricks while blasting out Foreigner on the eight-track.
Our magic rocked hard, but wasn't very entertaining.
Most of us went on to different careers, some learned to read and even watched a little TV. We battled with alcohol and drugs, and those of us who made it through those heady days still feel we were right about how you should do magic.
No books, no dvds, no videos.

A.

It's been a long time since I've laughed out loud at something I've read online. Thank You. It makes it even funnier that no one got it...
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Ammar, Ammar & Ammar, ETMCM 1-9 definitely. NOt the greatest performer but the best to teach really strong and powerful effects.
Smile Smile Smile
green
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of green
I would say all Darwin's DVD
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
One of my favorites sets are Brain Storm Card Magic by Guasteferro, the effects are strong, simple and devastating methods, and great presentations
luis_a_ovalle
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of luis_a_ovalle
I've found Ammar's ETMCM series useful. I like books better, though.
daaaave
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of daaaave
ETMCM 1-9 and Greg Wilson in Action 1-3
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I agree that books are btter but for some people they nedd visuals to understand certain handilings.
Pinekonez
View Profile
New user
South Carolina, US
24 Posts

Profile of Pinekonez
IMO (notice the distinct lack of H in that), books are only better because they are so much more commonly used as media by big names. You just can't find as much stuff on video as in books. Besides that, I'm sure you guys think that spurning videos and reading books makes you look that much more hardcore . . .

Anyway weapon, I don't own a lot of magic DVD's, and the ones that I have aren't the advanced DVD's your probably talking about (some Oz Pearlman, Greg Wilson . . . stuff like that). I hear Martin Nash's DVD's are almost unbeatable, though. I've also heard a lot of good things about The Cardician series by Marlo. Sorry I couldn't be more deffinite. As far as the stuff I have, Watch Magic by Oz Pearlman has a routine that I use, as does "Stealing Pips" by him. Greg Wilson (I have Pyrotechnic Pasteboards) is just fun to watch . . . god I wish I could see him live.
maiglesias
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of maiglesias
1. Ammar's ETMCM
2. Johnny Thompson set
3. Tommy Wonder set
4. Daryl's Magic Castle Lecture
5. Richard Osterlind's three-volume set
Marcos Iglesias MD
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2495 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
[quote]On 2005-05-05 21:13, sbays wrote:
Well, I think there is MUCh to be learned from books AND DVD's! DVD's show you what a sleight should look like, timing etc. Books will give you much more info on subtleties and the fine points.

never heard of dvds where the teacher tells you the subleties also??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Top 5 magic DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL