The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card to Wallet gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
I do just one effect where I palm a card. But it's where I need to palm as many as 5 or 6 together!

The move I use is to have those in a group on top of the deck, out jogged a little and with a little finger pressure on the top front, they swing up into palm position.

But what hides the palming is that I them move the deck so I'm holding it in the same hand. So the hand "curve" from palming them is hidden by the hand holding the deck!

I have another good ending going on at the same time and when all attention is on that. I just put the palmed cards in my shirt pocket. Of course loading them into a wallet would work the same.

Been doing this routine for a couple years now and nobody ever notices the cards loaded in the shirt pocket since they all have something to watch that they think is the ending of the effect.

You can do great magic when everybody thinks it's over!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-05-10 12:40, FTAMagician wrote:
"...But what hides the palming is that I them move the deck so I'm holding it in the same hand..."

Bend or curl the index finger of the hand holding the deck so that the fingertip touches the top of the deck. It makes the hand look natural/relaxed vs. stiff.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2005-05-10 12:18, Pete Biro wrote:
Starsinic beat me to it... gambler's cop is the BEST palm -- no problem with a small mitt... and the hip pocket wallet rules as far as I am concerned.

The Erdnase bottom palm is more angle proof, no?
~Joe
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4863 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
The Bendix Bombshell Wallet is great for a no palm card to wallet. It also functions as a Himber Wallet. For the palm method, I use Steve Draun's Real Man's Wallet.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of eb02
Get the Molika wallet with the inside wallet. No palming request, and the volunteer can hold the wallet before the production.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
Charlottesville, Virginia
264 Posts

Profile of the_houdini_jester
The magic of Micah Lasher has a good routine but I can't remember if it has palming or not. If it does you could use bridge sized cards?
All the Magic things I don't have are like the foods I've never had. One day I'll have some but I will never have all.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Acextrem, I have mentioned this before but can not remember where. I just love the Mullica however there is the problem of the occasional 'show' of the load. The solution I came to was to either do as ebo2 suggests, have the spec hold the wallet (I hand a sealed envelope, (containing the wallet), with the logo printed on of which ever company has hired me or just my hiring details, so no sneeky peeking by spec)or have the Mullica in rear pocket. Mercury fold the selected card. No matter how small your hand, you can palm the folded card.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5753 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2005-05-08 08:47, Acextreme wrote:
Ok, I will consider palming. But is there a wallet that incorporates both a palming and no palming method into it? If so, which is it?

BKM has will work but I'm not sure if you can do it with an envelope, too.

Jerry O'Connell makes a wallet that has both loading methods. You'd have to inquire as to whether an envelope can be used.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I have small hands and I tend to avoid tricks that require palming until I watched Michael Close's The Power Of Palming. Now I'm doing palming and I love it. He teaches everything you need to know and it's practice that matter not the size of your hands. Listen to Harry Murphy and other veterans of the Café, you need to try it as it's one of the most versatile tools you can learn.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
smartie_28
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of smartie_28
There are some great tips here. I may have to check out The Power of Palming.
luis_a_ovalle
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of luis_a_ovalle
I use Draun's wallet + the Tamariz P C. Harry Murphy was very useful some time ago when I was looking for advice on the card to wallet. Read his post on the no palm wallets.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have an extra "Real Man's" card to wallet brand new if anyone is interested.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card to Wallet gimmick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL