The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » SJs please help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jwade
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jwade
I am new to escapes but I really love them. I want to do a sj escape but don't know which one is the best for a beginner with a beginner's budget. I know they usually sell for anywhere from $150.- $350 but advice would be useful. Also where can I find info on how to do suspended sj escapes? Also I heard from someone say that an ungimmicked sj is impossible to get out of. Is this true or has my friend been misinformed?
Allan Given
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Allan Given
Hi there...

To begin with, I would recommend that you practice, practice, practice your standard SJ escape before even venturing into the suspended SJ escape arena. There is just too much that can go wrong. Your friend has been misinformed...it is possible to get out of an ungimmicked SJ, in fact that is all I use in my work. A good resource for you would be to pick up Volume 4 of John Novak's Escape books which deals with SJ escapes. That will give you a good introduction. You can buy both gimmicked and ungimmicked jackets at cannonsgreatescapes.com. Once you get your SJ, just practice like crazy!

Allan
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi, if you do a search on sj escapes here at the Café you'll find loads of info on it which should help you out.

If you're new to escapes I wouldn't think about doing it usd just yet. You might want to get the Novak book on the sj or the Jay Lesly video, which can both be bought here http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/books&videos.html

As for am ungommicked sj being impossible to escape from, well I would say that your friend was right and wrong. Yes you can get out of one, but only if you know how and that only comes from putting in hours of practice.

The Humane jacket is nice to begin with, which you can get from PastorClyde at http://www.mighellsillusions.com (pronounced Miles I believe). I've bought many things from Clyde and I can definately recommend him for providing the highest quality service as well as some really nice ideas and products. You can also send him a PM from here on the Café, just search PastorClyde.

I hope this helps. But do search the rest of the Café too.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Houdini man
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
343 Posts

Profile of Houdini man
Clyde is great, he's a powerseller on ebay, and great prices and products.

Mighells illusions that's what you should search for on ebay stores

There are sooooo many of THE BEST EA's in the world on here, take advantage of it!

Perry
www.magicformagicians.info www.perry-reid.com

The only thing that spererates genius from insanity is success.
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I strongly recomend cannonsgreatescapes.com. They are helpfull and know what they are talking about. Write an e-mail and tell them about your needs. They will give you some good advice. And I strongly advice you to get an ungimmicked one.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I'd also recommend going for one without loops first.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Allan Given
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Allan Given
I second that!
jwade
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jwade
This is probably a stupid question but what are the loops on the jacket that you refer to?
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
On a original jacket there's loops at the belly (So-called belly-loops...) and at the sides. (Quess what they're called...) The arms are supposed to be threaded trough the loops which makes it more difficult to get out of the jacket. I, as Ros and Allan, also recomend to buy a jacket without loops - so the jacket will not be entirely ungimmicked. But there's nothing for the audience to find when they inspect it.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » SJs please help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL