We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Remembering my tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Atown88
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, MA
49 Posts

Profile of Atown88
Hey guys I have many tricks its really hard for me to remember them. For example when some one ask me to do tricks, I do a couple and then they say can I see some more, and I just cant remember much of them. Do you guys have any ideas on how to keep them remembered?

THX
Anthony
*Jamie*
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of *Jamie*
Write them down on some paper and keep it in your hat...lol
-Jamie
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1944 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I think we all have that problem. When someone asks you to do some tricks I believe we tend to perform the ones we individually like the best which we have in our head because we do them so frequently. I have a list with all my tricks on it.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
The solution to this problem is to organize your material in short performance sets (let's say three tricks per set). This way your mind won't go blank when asked to perform. And you also avoid performing weak or half-baked stuff, that just happens to pop up in your head when you're searching for your next trick.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Yo,

I have had this problem for years! I ALWAYS had 3 x 5 cards with me when working cocktail parties with lists of different sets. In my wallet I used to have a card that listed my favorite routines. All I needed was a nudge! Pre performance jitters always had me forgetting my act, but all I needed was to get through the first routine and I was flying. Best,
Brad Burt
krist0pher
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of krist0pher
Oh man, do I have this problem...I'll practice hardcore one night and feel like I know it all,..and then the next day someone asks me for some magic and I go absolutely blank and can't remember most of what I know.

I resorted to using a small, fine-tipped pen and writing them all down on a business card in my wallet, or on the face of a playing card I can sneak a peek at.
Kristopher Scofield

Myspace.com/imkrisscofield
Soupdragon
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Soupdragon
Are you familiar with mind mapping techniques? not only for remembering, but working out routines. Especially great for working out themes & links. They work for me & my mind is like a sieve
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
I usually separate my cards for different effects, i.e I have four aces along with the colour monte, and ready cards for the wrap card in one of my jacket's pockets. So I know I have few effects there, when I have nothing in mind at that time , I go to that pocket and start doing twisting the aces wrap card and couple more , then I will start remembering. But is good to have an emergency pocket that always works, listing them on paper aint bad idea either, but is not that attractive if some one spot you looking for a trick IMHO.

Zac
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Well, try to build up a reportoire of about 10 tricks that you can perform "while you sleep". Then add one trick after the other. For example I know a lot of tricks, but it is impossible for me to know them all so well that I can perform them flawlessly.....

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
magicmandb1
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
30 Posts

Profile of magicmandb1
Yea well this happens to the best of us, it happens to me a lot, I do a good 5 tricks, then I forget all the rest, the only thing I can say is write all you tricks on paper, and carry that paper with you all the time, not a big pieace of paper, a small pieace that you can carry in your pocket.
"If a tree falls in a forest, and thier's nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Remembering my tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL