We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Oz born question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4633 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
NO NO!

I WIN!

the trick I describe above has a visual transposition and then the card (single) held in the spectatores hand changes to a card that was never in play (heck it can be a blank card with your contact information. I don't care)

I may be wrong, but it wont stop me from dancing.

I shouldnt post when I'm like this...
jewish.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Nordatrax: You are wrong. In Be Honest!, the spectator's card and the card in the magician's hand both change to two completely different cards. The first two cards appear in the magician's pocket. Blaine changed the handling slightly, so that the magcian's card is also placed into the spectator's other hand before the revelation--so that the spectator is turning over both cards for the revelation. This weakens the trick in many ways that have been examined before on this board.

Doc Daley's Last Trick is primarily a transposition, Be Honest! is basically a transformation.

I think Blaine said something about liking to do this trick for Three-Card Monte guys, but I don't think he called it Two-Card Monte.

That was a title given to Eddie's trick by internet magic dealers who wanted to sell Eddie's famous routine without any credit, using Blaine's popularity to draw sales.

Anyone that uses the name Two-Card Monte for Eddie's trick is disrespectful and wrong. It marks you as a rank beginner.

For info on the history of the trick and how David Blaine learned it, as well as a discussion of some of the finer points of the trick, check out this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=2
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4633 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I knew both cards didn't change in the spectators hands, one changed in yours and one in theirs.

I guess this makes me right.
and by right, I mean very very wrong.

The I win comment was directed at someone else, and he knows who he is.

as stated above, I may be wrong but it wont stop me from dancing.
A-CHA-CHA-CHA!
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Nordatrax:

Sorry, I didn't mean to involve myself in your private conversation with "He Who Knows Who He Is." Smile
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Since I saw the attribution of Blaine's teaching to Steve Cohen (on the other thread), I was going to leave off my understanding of that history, but since Cohen disavowed any credit (?), I heard that it was Bill Joslin who sent the effect Blaine's way.

Quote:
On 2005-05-11 16:50, Whit Haydn wrote:

For info on the history of the trick and how David Blaine learned it, as well as a discussion of some of the finer points of the trick, check out this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=2
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Oz born question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL