We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Another improptu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I was walking through Michaels yesterday, it's a hobby store. They had HUGE flower pots made of styrofoam. They were about 2 FEET across at the opening and about 2 feet high. As I walked past I brushed against them and that's how I could tell that they were fake, styrofoam. Each less than a pound in weight.

I pulled sponge balls out of my pocket and while my wife and daughter rolled on the floor with laughter did an entire cups and balls routine. A crowd gathered. Every employee in the store was watching. There must have been 20 people there.

It was fabulous and fun.
*Jamie*
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of *Jamie*
Wow, good for you. Using your surrounding materials for magic. I think it would be quite challenging to use cups that big, though. I would have loved to see it.
-Jamie
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Rikbrooks-
Nice story but it should be in either the story forum or the impromptu forum.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Smile That is what I call magic "on the spot",
doing the cups and balls with spongeballs and styrofoam has to be as challenging as impromptu magic can be, respect!!

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Challenging yes, but oh so much fun! It was comedic. The laughter of the spectators just invigorated me!

My grandfather, Howard Brooks, supported himself all his life as a comedic magician. I took a different magical road. Now I understand what he saw in it. I'm just sorry that he didn't see that performance. He would have loved it.

By the way, it was a very simple routine that lasted about 2 minutes. It was tough because there was no air hole in the bottom of the pots. They kept getting stuck together.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Another improptu (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL