We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » SM2 Sound Projection System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Smile

I am looking to purchase the SM2 Portable Sound....With build in CD player, 2 UHF Shure wireless mic, build in battery system..stands..etc.

However the price is range from US$1000 to the complete US$2500 with the above.....I wish to have some feedbacks if this brand surpass the Anchor & Liberty...& is this the BEST brand, money can buy, hope for any valuable feedback Smile

Thanks & have a great day Smile
dove_boy
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
793 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Dove Boy,
Can you provide us with a link to the product's Web site? With that info, I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions here.
Dan McLean Jr
www.MagicRoadie.com
"Taking the mystery out of stage technology!"
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Dan, he speaketh' of the Basinger product. Sound Projections http://www.soundprojections.com are a specialty company with a lot hinging on this product. That gives me concern. If I remember they do not have a remote to operate the built in CD player. With that it is not worth the extra price of this extra. Running over to your speaker to change tracks is just wrong. Also the CD player is an obvious kluge as they embedded an off the shelf cheap portable into the back. Just velchro your own and get the same result. I admit I have seen but not heard SM2 so can't honestly compare sound (only value).
An advantage is that the SM2 uses a quality agile Shure wireless system. For that I give it points.
Overpriced for features.

Trust ANCHOR instead. They are built like tanks and take quite a beating. I have owned several of them over the years.

In our biz IMHO "Coverage" is best. Having a single powerful speaker (like my JBL) is not as effective as a multi speaker system. For a large Banquet hall we place a 2 speaker system PD250 in the front at stage and a lower power 2 speaker system PD150 at the rear. This way you can lower the power and not deafen the front row yet be well heard in the rear. I use a wireless link between the front and rear systems. The PD Fender systems have built in wireless options and their own optional battery system.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
793 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2005-05-10 10:20, dove-boy wrote:
is this the BEST brand, money can buy

If you are refering to the best ound quality and/or the best price, the best brands money can buy are well beyond financial reach, and I've never seen them discussed here.

Even when it comes to the "best" for a given price, that determination will reply upon value judgements based on your needs. Cost, size, wieght, power, dispersion/coverage, sound quality, accessories, and many other factors all need to be prioritized. Typically, the least-flexible consideration is the amount someone's willing to spend. Most, therefore, choose Passport, Anchor, MiPro, etc, and you'll not find a consensus on whih is best. This is because everyone places each of the important factors in different priority, and everyone's taste and quality-of-judgement is different.

In reading this, I realize I'm a bit grumpy tonight, but the facts remain :-|
Dan.
Dan McLean Jr
www.MagicRoadie.com
"Taking the mystery out of stage technology!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » SM2 Sound Projection System (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL