We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Coat Hanger Escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
At This last month's Cape Magic Circle Meeting I was challenged to escape from a wire coat hanger that had been cut and bound onto the wrists with a pair of pliers.
Alan, a member, had challenged me at the previous meeting and had brought a coathanger with to see if I would back out of the challenge. Once the meeting had ended, they anounced that anyone who wished to stay to see the escape was welcome to. EVERYONE sat waiting. Alan had two other magicians in the front row helping him to decide how to bind me. So between the three of them they argued while Alan bound me with the wire and pliers. they bound both wrists tight with seperate pieces of wire which were cutfrom the coat hanger, but because of the comments from the other two, Alan gave me the only way that I would be able to make it out, without even knowing that he had done it. He had left one of the pieces of wire slightly longer than the rest. Then with a seperate piece of wire, they bound the wire on the wrists together behind my back. The Pliers where put away and they were satisfied.

I tried using most of my usual techniques to make the wrists a bit bigger to allow play, but that helped me nothing. I was bound. I was getting ready to give up the Escape when I felt the wire which was a bit longer than the other in the twist. I ripped a bit of skin off my left wrist (wire sticking in) trying to get the wire a bit loser. I finally got it loosened enough to be able to slip my hand through with difficulty but not impossibility.
I slipped it off and enjoyed the claps that I recieved. They were all happy with that, but being the stubborn idiot that I am at times, I wanted to be rid of everything, so, I got started on the left wrist, ripping more skin from the wrists (which was the real reason I was wanting to get the wire off but was too stubborn to ask for the pliers) This one proved to be more difficult to get off, even when loosened a bit (which took a while to do and a bit more skin off my fingers and thumbs) I eventually got it loose enough to slide it over the hands. It was a bit too tight still and I cracked the index finger bone a bit getting it off. It went all numb so I did not think much of it except that I had just caught a nerve a bit.
(Later the evening the pain started). The Ovation that I got from the members was worth it though. But I will think twice before taking a challenge like this again.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
taneous
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of taneous
I was there. it was impressive. At first when they took coat hanger I thought it would be too esay - until they took out some pliers. From where I was sitting it looked like it was really tight around Wolf's wrists. I've watched Wolflock escape a few times and it really looked like he struggled a lot with this one. When he finally got the one hand out everyone applauded and said it was ok - he suceeded, but he insited on taking the rest off. All I can say is that it looked really painful - the blood added to that. Helped me make up my mind once again that I'll stick to doing kid's shows..
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
That's very nice. And hard work, eh?

Watch for a show called Dirty Tricks, currently in production. It will start airing in the UK in September, I think.

Mick can tell us more about it, as he's got a working relationship with Jonathon, whose last name I forget, and who is a very creative person. He did a thing that bears some relation to coat hanger. Barbed wire wrist tie, locked to his waist, hanging upside down, with his head in a tub of water. In his living room. It was beautiful.

And there were goldfish in the tub.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
LOL @ the goldfish. That must have been classic.

TO ALLTHE UK EA'S. Were are most of you living. Will be coming to the the UK. SOON!!!

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi Wolf,

I'm in Lancashire, which is in the North West. There seems to be a pretty even split between the north and the south, with not a lot happening in the middle.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I noticed. Do you know the Company called Universal Group? Or Scottish Something or the other (Power company) Will be working for them during the week and magic and escapes on night and weekends. Think I will come visit. You up for a visit?

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
That sounds cool. When you planning on coming over?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
IN about two months time.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Excellent. Looking forward to meeting you.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Looking forward to meeting you too. I will sort something out to come visit all who would like to meet me.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Coat Hanger Escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL