The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » A bit about me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KevinC
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of KevinC
I have been a magic hobbiest for as long as I can remember. I do kids birthday party shows and other stage shows when I get the chance. I love close up magic and want to get into resturant magic. I will perform any chance I get. There lies the problem.... I can't find places that will let me perform. I do not care if I get paid as I have a full time job. Would I like to do this full time? WELL YES!!!! I also understand that in the grand scheme of things I have very little experience. If any of you can suggest places to perform please feel free to give your 2 cents worth or more if your in the giving mood. I'm sure I will learn a lot from this board there seems to be many knoweledgable people around.
Thanks for having me.
MagikDavid
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, OH
298 Posts

Profile of MagikDavid
Hi Kevin,

Well, you've earned my respect already. Doing kids shows is one of the toughest forms of magic you'll ever do. I've done a few hundred myself in my earlier years. Doing restaurant magic will be a completely different animal, as far as your routining and approach. However, your experience with kids will come in handy in that venue sometimes. I'm sure that others who frequent the Café will offer some better advice than me, since I haven't done much restaurant magic.

As far as ideas on where... I've been thinking of talking to some local Coffee shops... they seem to be sprouting up all over here in Cincinnati.

Welcome aboard the Café... looking forward to reading your posts.

Dave
One good thing about being wrong...
Is the pleasure it brings to others.
KevinC
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of KevinC
Thank you for the welcome and also I never thought about a coffee shop as we have one here less than a mile from my house I will have to check it out in the morning.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Kevin,

It sounds like you've got the experience to perform a sucessful show and the way I see it ...you just need to get your name out there. Some forums which will be helpful to you are Lil Darlings which is for kids entertainers , New To Magic, which will help you with questions of how to get started in the business. This forum is mainly to introduce ourselves so you'll get a better response if you ask the same question in the other forums. Lots of people will be willing to give you helpful information as this is a friendly place. Good luck to you and Welcome!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
What helped me a lot was simply doing a trick or two to entertain the waitress or maybe some child at the next table or the like in resturants I frequented. An idea I got from Mark Wilson, who knows probably more about selling magic and selling with magic than anybody out there. It wasn't long til the owners were coming over and asking me about doing some regular sets there on a trial basis. You might try that. I think with a thu** t** and a l**p, both very carryable on you, I got plenty of jobs doing little impromtu stuff for waitresses, cashiers, and folks at the next table, etc. But, to win friends and influence people with resturant managers and owners DON'T BEND THEIR SILVERWARE!
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
KevinC
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of KevinC
I have never really got into bending silverware but it sounds like solid advice.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2231 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Hey Kevin
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
You can bend the silverware, but ask first, and then tell him you will pay for it Smile
The Presitidigitationist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » A bit about me (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL