The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ungimmicked 3card monte routine anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Does anyone have a good one they know of. I have been searching for.... around an hour but cant find anything. whats your favorite ungimmicked 3 card monte. oh and can I have some information on cultural exchange. sorry to branch out like that but I really want these dvds but need somthing to assure me they will be great.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Check out Daryl Does The Full Monte DVD. He teaches the Vernon routine among others. He also teaches a few gimmicked monte routines. The teaching is in depth and covers a lot of moves and material.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
Also, take a look at Whit Hayden's material on the 3 Card Monte. That's probably the best resource for learning everything you want to know about the effect (history, moves, etc). Darwin Ortiz also has a great ungimmicked version in his book, At The Card Table.

As far as Cultural Exchange, I'm sure if you use the search function, you are bound to get the information you want on the DVD. It's a very good DVD, mostly intended for the advanced. If you've never seen any of Apollo and Shoot's magic, you're in for a real treat. Their magic on the DVD is very fast and visual, and I have to say that it was well-worth the purchase.
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
You should check out darwin ortiz's version of threee card monte. its ungimmicked and its a great routine.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Wow that was fast, I decided I'm getting daryl does the three card mone, and the cultural exchange set, thanks for all your help. I will let you know how it goes
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Tophie
Doc Eason has an excellent and entertaining 3 card monte with a kicker finish!
It was in his lecture notes...its on his DVD set too!
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
R. Paul Wilson's Gypsy Monte.

No table required. Happens In the Hands.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Harry Lorayne has an interesting one that can be played for laughs or straight. It is on the Magical Classics video/dvd.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5771 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Bruce Bernstein has an excellent ungimmicked monte routine, but it's in book form. The routine answers the challenges present in a classic monte routine, including making the bent corner ruse easy.

PM me if you want details and I'll post them.
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
"Monte Unplugged" by Gregg Webb
It was on the Allmagic.com site last year. I search just now but couldn't locate it.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Best I have read is: Joel Givens' in Semi Automatic Card Tricks 3.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ungimmicked 3card monte routine anyone? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL