The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Juggling? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Many years ago I watched a perfromer on an HBO special juggle silks I do not remember his name but he was very entertaining.Does anybody know his name?I remember the final act of his performance he was screaming to Momma about Momma I need toilet paper I need toilet paper Momma!Anybody else silk juggle?
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Juggling scarves is often the first thing you will learn to juggle, if you go to a circus school of some sort. And there are quite a lot of juggler, pros that is, that includes scarves juggling in their act. Dick Franco and Noel, Patric Leimone and several clowns all over the world do this.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Barnes & Noble Book Stores sell a beginner's juggling kit that includes scarves. (No, they are not silk. Silks are much flashier.)

Good Luck!

My sister learned that way and really enjoyed it.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Thanks fellas.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I remember at the Markwood Seminars, Kent Cummins taught silk juggling. Really pretty easy to pick up. He teaches it as a motivation tool at sales meetings. "Criss Cross Applesauce" helps to get the rhythm.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Juggling silks is a nice skill to master. As a magician it can provide a change of pace during a silk sequence...and it lends itself to lots of applicaitons, ie...it can be slow and artsy or fast and funny. Learn it and it will serve you well in the years to come.

-Ed
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
When I first witnessed it the performer, I wish I knew his name, was very good at it. He was fast and clumsy and smooth and artsy. I found it very beautiful.
*Jamie*
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of *Jamie*
I'm just learning to juggle balls and think that juggling silks would come in handy in some of my performances. It would add an extra "Pow" to the silk routines I do.

Sorry I don't know the guy's name.
-Jamie
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Juggling silks is fun I've been doing it for a few days now and I'm addicted. I have more fun juggling silks than with other items.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
When I first purchased this trick, it came with a different kind of cloth that is somewhat stiff. Is it possible to do it with silks? What size is best?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Lou,
Juggling scarves are usually made of a type or actual "ladies headscarf" material. Very see-through, bright colors and very light...which is why they supply them; the lighter they are the longer they linger in the air; the easier it is to complete the juggling passes with them. However, I happy to report that yes you can adapt to almost any cloth from real silks of virtually any size to just about anything else. This makes the skill a very handy one to have as far as being able to transition things in your act. When using real silks I prefer the 24". They play really big without really being any harder to do than an 18". Good Luck.

-Ed
wwws.theufos.com
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I like to juggle (learned from my 4th grade teacher and the klutz book and...) juggling balls but silks I find as someone who learned by juggling balls not silks that silks are actually harder if you learned juggling balls first.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
I also learned to juggle in the 4th grade by my math teacher. She would give us Koosh balls for rewards and if we did well enough in class she would teach her students to juggle. I never thanked her.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Ed, thanks for the info. I will try it. I find juggling scarves easier than balls.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Juggling? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL