The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Redneck Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
I find this funny that this has come up. I also have a redneck character that I dreamed up and will be doing in the close-up competion at the FL State convention next weekend. I wear a Dale Earhardt T-shirt, a pair of shorts, hiking boots, BillyBob teeth, blonde wig, blonde moustache/sideburns, sun glasses and a black skull cap. I look a lot like HUlk Hogan until the glasses come off and I smile.
Who knows how this will go over but I'm willing to find out. Oh, my name is Billy Ray SugarPea the Trailor Trash Magician.

Millard Brooks
Naples, FL
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26869 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The image of a "high class" red neck act illusion act where port-o-sans are used like cabinets, both amuses and horrifies me.

From the spirit cabinet to the substitution trunk done with things you find in a home depot. Wonderful. Cut and restored duct tape? Refrigerator or Washing machine escapes?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24190 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The main caveat I would have for an act like this is to make sure that you aren't from up North or back East when you do the act. If they think you are laughing at them, they will demonstrate their own versions of the bullet catch. The reason Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy can do the things they do is that they are of redneck extraction.

The second caveat I would have would be "don't use the word 'caveat' during the show." Unless it is in a sentence like "Hey, Fred! Where's Mammoth Caveat?"
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1891 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Git R Dun
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
Here's my report from the FL State Convention.
My "Billy Ray - The Trailor Trash Magician" was a hit. I had the highest scores in the close-up contest but, unfortunately, I went over time limit and was disqualified. The closest competitor was 5 points below my scores. The audience loved the humor and the magic wasn't bad either.

Millard Brooks
Naples, FL
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
Oh yeah...Billy Ray will be making a come-back at "Magic on the Beach - 2005" and at the "2006 IBM Convention" in Miami. And he will make the time limit next time.

MB
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2929 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Yuh need one of them there timers. Yuh kin make one from a candle and an old size 12 boot. When the candle burns down it burns through a flash string holding a weight, the weight slams down on a plank which sends the boot right towards yer keister (I'm cleaning this up fer the censors!). On the bottom of the boot is the chosen card from an earlier trick that gave you a hard time. You end with that and say good-night.

Oh, yeah, and congratulations!
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
Twentieth Century Underbritches. preferably with a few holes in 'em and maybe a skidmark. And with some of them Lynerd Skynerd bandanas from the county fair.

Sammy the Kid
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6439 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I came across this today while "surfing." It's got a definite place as a prize for winning some kind of competition between "rednecks."

http://www.halloweenonly.com/website/sto......ltype=pr
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
ruaturtle
View Profile
Regular user
Gastonia, NC
113 Posts

Profile of ruaturtle
My main character is Bubba... and at least here in the south it goes over fantastic. Plenty of redneck jokes and I wear overalls and a camoflage hat... I even pull a rubber chicken out of my hat!!! And why yes... I is of that persuazun... Smile
I have found that I do not suffer from insanity... instead I rather enjoy it! : )

Poodle... the other white meat.
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
I formed a routine and drew the plans for a prop of my own for the future when I plan to open a comedy stage show somewhere.

Since I am from Georgia, I have somewhay of an accent. So I knew crowds up north and west (vegas) would find it humorous. So I desinged a zig zag illusion that looks like an outhouse, along with an indestructable woman that looks like an outhouse and toilet plungers are shoved through the holes. The routine would be done to duelin' banjos and the costumes would be overalls, t-shirts, etc.

I thought it would be something humorous to throw into a show. The rest of the show would not involve the country hick and redneck stuff. The rest would be straight up comedy magic.

Chance wolf had a product out called the outhouse that does a card trick. You might be interested in using that to your benefit.
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2929 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
So, do we have any Redneck Magicians working the crowds of the Redneck Games in East Dublin, Georgia? If not, you missed a great opportunity! If so, please let us know all about it! Post pictures if you remembered to get one of those little box cameras at the 7-11 out on the highway.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050702/ap_o......ck_games
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
How about a tear/restore newpaper, but the restore newspaper has duct taped lines over it. Does a company make roadkill stuff animals for the little ones.
Jerry Smile
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Hey, fizzmaster would go well with budweiser.

I can see a NASCAR connection. Maybe wear an unlabeled jacket, pull up a cover, then the jackets got the NASCAR type labeling all over.

And have you thought of throwing cards to knock over a pyramid of cans? yeehaw
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
You would have to make sure that you used your sister in every routine that needed an assistant.
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24190 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-07-21 16:51, ivfour wrote:
How about a tear/restore newpaper, but the restore newspaper has duct taped lines over it.

It's been done. Mot a bad idea, though.

Sit down and listen to a bunch of Jeff Foxworthy stuff. Then list all of the really good redneck things you can think of.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24190 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-05-31 00:45, Sammy the Kid wrote:
Twentieth Century Underbritches. preferably with a few holes in 'em and maybe a skidmark. And with some of them Lynerd Skynerd bandanas from the county fair.

Sammy the Kid

Holes -- good. Skidmarks -- bad. Tire tracks -- funny.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2747 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Tire tracks. I agree.
You could bring a redneck show to Canada. Duct tape is huge. It would probably go over well. I find the outhouse illusion ideas very interesting.
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24190 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Tha Calgary Stampede would be an excellent place to do this.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2747 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Yes, indeed.
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Redneck Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL