The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Close-up with food (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicguy88
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
73 Posts

Profile of magicguy88
Hi All,

I'm doing walk around for a food summit engagement. They are interested in me performing some effects with food. Of course there is the standard bill in lemon, etc. but I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on other tricks and gags with food items...preferably ones that can be carried in my jacket pocket.

R Smile
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Profile of Bascomb Grecian
Do something with a dinner roll.

Also, there is the "Cup o' Oodles" effect.
Liquid tricks, Nielsen Bottles, floating glass etc.

Do something with candy, everyone goes for chocolate!
Welcome to The Magic Cafe'!
magicguy88
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
73 Posts

Profile of magicguy88
I forgot about the great dinner roll tricks out there. Thanks for your help!

R
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
A chop cup using plastic and gimmicked olives, grapes or cherries instead of crocheted balls. (Just what ARE those balls supposed to be anyway?)

Cups and balls, with fruit or veggies as the final load.

Zipper banana (okay, it's a hokey gag) used to hold rope or something else to be used in a trick: "Here's something with appeal (a peel)!"

Egg bag with limes, finishing with ???

Magicguy88, why are you even LOOKING at standard tricks? Let those creative juices flow and think outside the box; come up with some angles of your own!
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
I think I recall Tom Mullica doing a bitten and restored cookie routine on one of his impromptu magic videos. Smile
What is the color of magic?
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Check out Penn and Teller's book "Playing with your food." Mark Jelleness (?) Juggernaut trick with an olive and cork set up (it's a cups and balls routine) is really good. There's a lot on the market with sugar packet stuff too. Sankey has some stuff on his videos and Scott Yorkey and other bartender videos...Check em' out. Smile
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
You know that Larry Anderson's presentation of the zombie roll just struck me as funny when I saw it. It really was a good one.

I of course, am referencing the "jaw Droppers" tapes. There's actually a few goodies on there--and a ton of dinner stuff.
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
This is great...Are you familiar with the gimmicked card where you place the feather on the back, and it rises to a vertical position and dances? You can do this with a french fry!!! It is hilarious!
Also, go into my messages and read my effect under tricks with a TT. This is a very powerful and fun three phase routine.

Johnny B Smile
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
how 'bout pop -n- corn by Kevin James?

I would recomend it.. I love mine!
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I was out having dinner last night & I got an idea to try the piano trick with sugar packets instead of cards, it went over perfectly. I was quite pleased with it & I'm sure it can be adapted to other food items.

Smile
magicguy88
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
73 Posts

Profile of magicguy88
Wow! I have been away for awhile and had no idea that there were so many responses. (blushing) what's worse is I'm the one who started the thread!

Penn and Teller's Book "Playing with Your Food" has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust. I will get it out.

A Zombie routine with a dinner roll sounds hilarious!

Peter...you're right.

John, can you pm me the specs on the french fry gag?

Jim - What is the Pop -n- Corn effect? I developed a microwave popcorn effect a couple of years ago and am wondering if this is a similar effect.

Smile
steve proescher
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia Beach
147 Posts

Profile of steve proescher
Dan Garrett makes custom sponges in the shape of banana, carrot and pickle. He has a great production routine with these. Because they are sponges, they pack small Smile
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Hey there,
You can do a matrix routine using chocolate coins. Perhaps even do a spellbound routine with chocolate coins. "Mmmm... Chocolate." -(Sloth from the movie "The Goonies.")

Dont forget about the classic Silk to Egg effect. Smile It would be a killer at the dinner table. Smile
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
132 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
Try Mark Parker's "Slurp": it's great for every table hopper, and it uses wine. Don't perform it too much...
Regards
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I use a pringles can for a chop cup.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
check out http://www.kjmagic.com for a description of Pop-n-corn... again I reccomend it!
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Check out Paul Harris' "Uncanny" which is a cup & ball routine which uses a can of beans instead of the cup.

At the end of the routine, the can is shown to still be sealed.

There are many rubber food production items you can work in.

How about a bottle production?
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
You can also do Fearson's smoke lev with a candy. Maybe some food animation. Cup-o-oodles is really good. It is at http://www.hottrix.com and your local magic dealer. Shell shock is a good trick to do with an egg. Smile
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Daryl's bouncing roll is a great gag. Also, Kiss Off by Greg Wilson is a great take on Harris' one-cup routine
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Matrix and food? Sounds like chink-a-chink using sugar cubes or bottle caps.

The milk pitcher and funnel is classic, not easy to walk around with. Absorbing news, PB&J, Chinese "Chop Sticks" with deluxe string and tassels. Can be carried but bulky.

M.Ammar says he can vanish a side order of mashed potatoes...but it requires a trip to the dry cleaner to reset.

One more thing, slush.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Close-up with food (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL