The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ever thought about opening your own restaurant? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Michael, one thing I've learned...You can succeed in anything that your heart and mind are firmly attuned to. Still...you've been given some very sage advice here. Weigh it carefully. My advice...Simply start at the bottom and work your way to the top. Learn everything you can about cleaning, repairing, stocking, ordering, marketing, employing and managing the business you're looking towards...before it's YOUR capital and reputation on the line. Pay your dues and you'll find far fewer stressful surprises that you can't handle. I spent two years as a manager just to get an inside look as a performer.

One of my idols, Dave Thomas, started out sweeping floors in a diner...he eventually moved on to short order fry cook and manager. While there, he met Col. Harlan Sanders and took a job selling his chicken frying process to other restaurants. A pair of brothers in Columbus, Ohio were in the process of closing their chain of five family restaurants through bankruptcy. Dave asked them to give him a chance to make them profitable. through insight and hard work, he turned these restaurants into real money makers. This chain, by the way, eventually became known as Col. Sanders' Kentucky Fried Chicken. The profit he made from this he turned into Wendy's International.

A dream, hard work and a little magic. If you want it bad enough, you can do it. Invite me to the grand opening!!

:o) Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2005-05-13 22:52, ImpromptuBoy wrote:
Hi Everyone.
I was thinking of opening up my own magic theme restaurant when I grow up since I want to be a restaurant manager. I want to entertain the patrons and have a few laughs with customers and you know, have a great time.
What do I do to become a restaurant manager and how do I open my own restaurant?
Have you ever thought of doing so?
All the best,

Michael

Keep dreaming and do what your heart tells you. Don't let these old sad sacks ruin your dream. John Denver was told by everyone he knew not to waste his type in music.

Elvis's dad said " I never heard of a guitar player making any money".

Dream and do. If you fail, it's a learning experience.
~Joe
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-05-15 12:56, Matt Colman wrote:
Get a magic themed bar, no food!
Matt

Just make sure you check with the city ordinance. In the city of Minneapolis and Bloomington in Minnesota, it's strictly no-smoking allowed if you served mainly food. I'd go with no food too!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ever thought about opening your own restaurant? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL