The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lance Burton's "Osmosis" Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thegreatgeorgio
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of thegreatgeorgio
Hi,

I have seen this illusion performed many times by Lance Burton and Rick Thomas but where could I get one made? What is it called?

thanks

George
Michelangelo
View Profile
New user
United States
13 Posts

Profile of Michelangelo
The "Osmosis" illusion, as designed by Jim Steinmeyer, is built by William Kennedy. Contact at http://www.wkmagic.com for more info.
--------------
Michelangelo
www.illusionist.net
thegreatgeorgio
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of thegreatgeorgio
Michelangelo,

Thanks very much, I will contact william kennedy about the illusion.

thanks again

George
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
George,

Bill Smith from Magic Ventures has aswell the right to build this illusion under the same name. This illuion was created by Jim Steinmeyer. Price will be between 11000 $ and 12000 $ + shipping + ATA cases.

magicventures.com
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Does anyone know if this one is discussed in any of Jim Steinmeyers's books?
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Hi Jazz,

No, this illusion is not discussed in any Jim Steinmeyer book. Anyway, if you(re interested in the thinking behind Jim's creations get two of his latest books :

"Illusion Devices" and "Modern Art".
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Neither of thoes books will address "Osmosis".
I suggest a book on a magician named Morritt.

Jack
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Osmosis, is based on a principle taken to David Devant by a gentleman named Julian Wylie it was originally used in his enchanted window illusion but the method was changed. Secrets of my magic by Devant has the full details...great book.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
554 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Does anyone know a link to see a clip of this illusion?

Thanks/Fabio
jrabenho
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of jrabenho
I worked with Lance's prop in a Kirby Van Birch show a couple of years back, I'm not sure if he is still using it, but it is a huge props, that is very fragile, and broke multiple times. Although the effect is pretty cool, I think there are better illusions for your buck.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Thanks for the tips guys. I´ll look into it. I do have several of Jim´s books, including Modern Art. I was wondering if it was discussed in the others. I´ll have to do my homework.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I also believe you can find the method behind this illusion in the book, "The Seven Basic Secrets of Illusion Design", by Eric Van Duzer -

http://hamiltonholtinc.site.yahoo.net/sevbassecofi.html

It does not discuss Osmosis but covers a different illusion using the same method. The book is excellent and anyone thinking about getting into illusions should definately think about buying this book. It's definately worth the price.

Take care, Bry
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Thanks for the tip bry
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
For a newbie "The Seven Basic Secrets..." is a very good book, detailing the method/principle of 90 illusions. I really like the tips, and those given on materials also.

Think of someone making notes, and keeping files, and then publishing them. If you are good, you could probably build many of the illusions from the details given.

But you would have to be good!!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lance Burton's "Osmosis" Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL