The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Waist table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2328 Posts

Profile of todsky
Ever see one of those little table-tops that are countoured to fit around your waist and attach with straps? Like the cigarette-girls of old, but a classier surface? Me neither. Hmmm...
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I think they're a "waste" of money Smile
Sorry, I had to.
Logic Defied
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2328 Posts

Profile of todsky
Good one, fellow Canuck! But really, wouldn't an attached table make strolling magic so much easier for doing table work? This would be the cutest thing! Certainly an attention-getter. I think I've just started a revolution in the world of table-hopping magic. Either that, or I've lost my mind. In ten years every restaurant worker will be using... THE WAISTER!
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
No, not EVERY restaurant worker!

Besides, they already exist and have for a number of years and EVERY restaurant worker isn't using it yet!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2328 Posts

Profile of todsky
They already exist? I had no idea. How dare they steal my idea! Where would I find one of those, Peter? And why do only Canadian magicians talk to me?
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
You may be thinking of the Ben Marks “Tray Table” that he and others used to perform the Three-Card Monte in the 1880's.

See the thread:
Ever so sleightly » » "Sure-Thing" Whit Haydn as he talks about making one for a fair.

Bob
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
You can also see Chef Anton using one in the School For Scoundrels notes or DVD on the 3 Card Monte. It looks interesting, but I'm sure it would get old quickly.
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Williamsburg, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
I played with one of these. They are a pain. The strain in your back is horrendous. Try working for a few hours with one of these. And I think it limits your mobility. If you have to get from a table fast (for food) or need to maneuveur through a crowd, your outta luck. For the trouble you spend putting it on and taking it off and the space you use in front of you, you might as well use a stand alone table. It's sound like a great idea at first, but I can tell you it's neg. far outweighs its pos.

All the best,
Jonathan Brown
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2328 Posts

Profile of todsky
I think, after all, that I shall stick with the regular table. Thanks to all for the enlightenment.
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
That's funny you can perform magic tricks and sell peanuts.!
Astonishment as Therapy...?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Waist table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL