The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Business card how presented? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
mitch durbank
View Profile
New user
holland
7 Posts

Profile of mitch durbank
I`m working every week in the same restaraunt. And I will give my business card, but I will give it in a magical way. Have anybody sugestions on how to give your business card in a way flashy way.

mitch
michaelrice
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
257 Posts

Profile of michaelrice
There are many effects with business cards. If you are interested there is a DVD: Michael Ammar - Business card Miracles. A few other suggestions would be, Fire wallet or if you perform in the right environment UFO card.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Wouldn't reccommend Ammar's DVD myself. Try a trick called TAG on JBTV.CO.UK. I do this and there signed card is tied with string onto my card at the end.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Doug Bennett's Business Merger is pretty cool, as well. Also, I have a small brass Business Card holder, where the Business Card rises. It is a marketed effect. I can't remember the name of it or who makes it, any help here?
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I show mine blank on both sides with somewhat of a paddle move.
Then I do a through the fist flourish. Hope this helps.
Logic Defied
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
El Duco has a nice version of Business card scanner. http://www.el-duco.se/
Eran
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
I do the business card effect called business sense by Alain NU. It's based on Jim Steimyers 9 card problem.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Hot Leads by Jim Pace is GREAT! People LOVE fire! Of course, better make sure it's ok with the Management as many cities have laws, which may prohibit this.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
I like Hot Leads as well.
The Presitidigitationist
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
Definitely Hot Leads or a Kaps on Fire Wallet. Also, try Michael Close's "Pot Hole" trick. An interesting idea, that uses your business card in a trick (a very clever visual one) and sets you up for the give away.

All the best,
Jonathan Brown
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
I get BB or BF Bicycle cards and stamp my details on them and use them in a couple of effects where cards are signed etc. and the signed card then has the relevant details on it.

I can't say that it's original, but the clients love the fact that my card is a 'card' and it tends to be kept for a long time just for the novelty factor.
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
CyberMage
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of CyberMage
I have only one suggestion:

"Pot Hole Trick" by Michael Close
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Try the business card trick by Greg Wilson in his Off the Cuff video.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2005-05-15 12:15, PremiataForneria wrote:
Doug Bennett's Business Merger is pretty cool, as well. Also, I have a small brass Business Card holder...where the Business Card rises. It is a marketed effect. I can't remember the name of it or who makes it, any help here??

I second "Business Merger", and the card case was put out by John Cornelius.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
Quote:
On 2005-05-15 21:46, CyberMage wrote:
I have only one suggestion:

"Pot Hole Trick" by Michael Close

Bells are ringing lights are flashing:
We have a winner!

Probably the single best business card routine ever (just my opinion)

I think that it is Dan Garrett or Michael Finney who has a good routine using the Flash Printer, (I saw them both lecture on the same day so I can not remember who's it is but I remember thinking I should dust mine off and give it a shot).

Kris
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
ithomson
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of ithomson
"Stockholder" comes with a load of business card material, all using the Out To Lunch principle.

Ian
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Many wonderful ideas on the market and surely more to come. My opinion: If a business card trick can become part of the routine, almost anything goes. If ASKED for a business card, quicker is better. It shows them you know when to get off stage and get serious about business. This does matter to many business people.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Tag by Chastain Criswell also gets my vote. Check out the demo at hocus-pocus or JB Magic and you will see why.

Cheers,

Tiki
Hobie the Magical Hobo Clown
View Profile
New user
Niagara, Ontario
68 Posts

Profile of Hobie the Magical Hobo Clown
Make up your own 'Out to Lunch'. Use blank business cards and design our own set. Works great.
One Mustn't study a magician to closely,
Never look up his sleeve,
Never look under his hat,
Just sit back and let him do his act.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
In my Showtime column in the Linking Ring magazine of Spetember;, 1996, I give several uses of magic with business cards.

After all, if you are supposed to be a magician and you are giving out your card, shouldn't you do it in a magical way?

What you are really trying to do is to get the people, whom you give your card to, to not throw it out, as most people do with 99 per cents of the cards they get.

Another thing you do NOT want is the requirement that it takes forever to reset, or can't be reset, or can't be reset in front of a lay person.

While most of the above routines are good, they either take too long on the get-ready, can't be reset easily or take too long on the reset, have little bits that can be lost, or a dozen other drawbacks.

None of the suggestions in my column have those problems. Several come from Tony Wilson, who is currently the president of the IBM (he wasn't back then, but was still a "heavyweight" in magic).

If anyone is interest, just e-mail me and I will be happy to freely send you a copy of the column.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Business card how presented? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL