The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » SUPERFAX SOFTWARE!?!? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Alright, I know it's a long shot posting it here, but this is the only forum I visit. If no response here, maybe I'll put in "tricky business." Anyway, I stumbled across some fax software that I got bundled with my computer. It's actually really cool. I can send and recieve faxes off my computer without a special line or fax machine. Now, I figured out how to send them no problem. Now for recieving... I guess I don't understand how to do it. I've searched the help tutorial and I can't find anything about what number to use. I would imagine I can't use my regular phone number, but what do I do just make up a number, and that will connect them to the software and allow me to recieve a fax? Anybody use superfax or something like it? Thanks
Dann
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I never used that software, but I have used similar. The way it worked for me was to simply load the program. When the phone rang, assuming you did not answer, the computer would answer it and react to the fax tone. I found great success with it, so have a friend try to send you a fax, and see what you get.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Oh! cool. I'll try it out. Do you know how many rings it waits because we have voice mail and an answering machine as well. Hopefully these will not interfere.
Dann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » SUPERFAX SOFTWARE!?!? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL