The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie w/o Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marc Levine
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
125 Posts

Profile of Marc Levine
Does anybody have any ideas for a Zombie Ball routine without music? Up until now I have always performed the zombie to music, and havent performed it on jobs that I don't bring a sound system (small birthday parties for instance). I would like to somehow incorporate it into my kids show, and other shows that don't require my sound system. Any good routines? Thanks!!
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
To patter the zombie you could link its floating actions to some kind of plotline. IF it has to decide which child is the birthday boy and bob up and down "yes" that he is the one. Somehow...depending on your style and circumstance you will find a way to talk about what the ball is doing. Good luck.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
If you're doing it for a birthday or if you need to pick someone out of the crowd(i.e. birthday child) you could have the ball drop behind the foulard and "pull" you over to the kid or adult or what ever person you need.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I've always looked at Zombie as one of those pieces of visual magic that don't need any running commentary. I like the idea of using it to somehow point to the birthday kid, except that nowadays kids are used to seeing stuff floating around without that cloth.

Maybe you could have the kids cast a spell (a la Harry Potter) to make it rise, another spell to make it do this or that, and another spell for it to vanish. That way they do the magic, not you. Make up your own spells, maybe using a local inside joke or the name of the birthday kid.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I once saw a magician perform Zombie while reciting Edgar Ellan Poe's 'Raven'. It worked very well.

If I have used a poem I learned in High School refering to the man without a country. Cannot remember the name of the poem.

"Breaths there the man with soul so dead . . . ."
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2005-05-16 19:56, Marc Levine wrote:
Does anybody have any ideas for a Zombie Ball routine without music? Up until now I have always performed the zombie to music, and havent performed it on jobs that I don't bring a sound system (small birthday parties for instance). I would like to somehow incorporate it into my kids show, and other shows that don't require my sound system. Any good routines? Thanks!!

Marc-

The Zombie is 1 of those effects as a mini Illusion that mostly should be only done to music

Look at all the top performances of this routine & there all done to music!

I would really hate to see this done at a kids party in a house period!!!~Its a stage effect!

A good thing to do would be to create acts for different scenarios-dont do zombie where you cant use music!!

Theres so many good effects out there to perform without music-eg: do a nice 20th century silks effect etc-with a wine glass & audience member-make it visual etc-Create a small party act with easier effects!!

Theres Illusions I cant use in every show so I adapt to performing conditions-I don't perform them just because I own them

People may have seen your zombie routine to music & thought that was really good- certain times will require you to perform a new effect!Try it

Linking rings you can perform either way-Not really Zombie!!

Keep it up your sleeve for special shows-use it more on stage/platform-not someones living room!!

I only perform this in certain conditions always with music-Ive spent over 20 yrs creating a routine for this that lasts 1 min 40 secs & is choreographed for all moves etc & is always complimented by magicians & lay audiences alike

Please do something else when not using music.To even suggest to do this without music means your not serious about this effect anyway!

Zombie is performed by many people poorly & only a few well!!!

Good Luck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie w/o Music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL