The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Eugene's best stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Not sure if this is the best area to put this but I want some opinions. I have Magical Voyages.
What do you guys think is Eugenes Burger's best set?
MysticK
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MysticK
I have Eugene's Magical Voyages 1 & 2, and the Close-up Gourmet video. My favourite video is Magical Voyages 2 due to the effects, setting and guest Jeff McBride. Eugene, to me is amazing. He has great ideas and is very original.

End,
Aerodynamically the bumble bee should not be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
The great thing about Eugene is among other things his voice. Image having this voice and looking like Antonio Banderas and being magical like René Lavand.

I like the first video in this series. Feels more like the "real world"
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
The DVD where you find his Mullica wallet routine, the card under tablecloth and Eugene's shot glass surpise is clearly the most valuable and most practical DVD in my opinion. It's called, qoute :"Gourmet Close-Up Magic Eugene Burger performs three shows at the Biggs restaurant in Chicago and then explains the routines from his professional repertoire. Learn the Three-Card Monte, Allerton's Aspirin Box, Thought Sender, Shotglass Surprise, Voodoo, Mullica Wallet, Signed Card Under The Tablecloth, Shotglass Surprise and more. Includes a David Parr interview about working restaurants. Running time: Approximately 83 minutes."

A lot of these DVD's covers very little material, but a few of them is clearly their money's worth. A point of the above is that it shows the -Card Monte, Allerton's Aspirin Box, Thought Sender but it doesn't teach them - at least not on my DVD. However the Voodoo, Mullica Wallet, Signed Card Under The Tablecloth, Shotglass Surprise are very strong effects.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Im in love with his essays.

to me, this is his greatest gift to the magic comunity.

Im planing a trip to chicago to see him with some people.
anyone interesed in details, pm me.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Ben Bishop
View Profile
New user
Ontario, Canada
28 Posts

Profile of Ben Bishop
I've enjoyed every video Eugene has ever put out, but his second big book with Richard Kaufman, THE PERFORMANCE OF CLOSE-UP MAGIC, is still my all-time favorite of his releases.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Loved Gourmet Close-Up Magic

Liked Magical Voyages #1

Didn't care much for MV #2 - the outdoor scenes didn't work so well, either.

Mark
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Quote:
On 2005-05-17 17:14, Ben Bishop wrote:
I've enjoyed every video Eugene has ever put out, but his second big book with Richard Kaufman, THE PERFORMANCE OF CLOSE-UP MAGIC, is still my all-time favorite of his releases.

I think that's his best book. I did enjoy the book on Bizarre Magic because it was a very interesting read.
ME
ehcavaliere
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ehcavaliere
Eugene's published work is of the finest quality. With that said, I have learned more from watching him work than I have any of his books or, in fact, anyone else's books. He is able to connect with an audience immediately and bring them into his magical experience. If you ever get a chance to watch him work, bring a pen and paper and enjoy.
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
Eugene's best stuff is when you take a private lesson with him. Everthing else is B.S. in comparison, because he focuses on you. Do yourself a favor, go out of your way and take a lesson - Eugene is one of the few who can truly teach.
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Ditto EVERYTHING HERE....

My favorite, performance of Close up magic.....

Every single essay there transformed me as a magician. INCREDIBLE.

lets be a little cocky here..haha....

antonia banderas type of look-check
Rene lavand-almost
eugenes voice-not even close....

Man eugene has the best voice for magic EVER.

Im really thinking about attending the school with jeff McBride I can't believe I am questioning signing up to meet one of not only my favorite magicians ever, most amazing humans ever.

Thank god we have eugene.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ive read about that, does anyone have a link to the sign up? Also it is established that He is the Antonio Banderas of the magic community. (and I don't even know why I used tht comparison...but anyway)
So what should be my next purchase from him?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I got his Mastering the art of Magic
And I got his Chicago tapes. Great investment as far as phsycology goes AND effects.
Ayone own and perform Shot Glass surprise? Thinking about getting this as well...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-12-02 04:40, paisa23 wrote:
Well I got his Mastering the art of Magic
And I got his Chicago tapes. Great investment as far as phsycology goes AND effects.
Ayone own and perform Shot Glass surprise? Thinking about getting this as well...

I have been doing shotglass surprise for about 7 years. It plays really big. Do it once and you'll do it forever.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Eugene is also one of my favorites as well. Him and Max Maven do have that "Magical Voice" for magic!

Stevens sells one that has Eugene doing several routines including "Dracula and the Sorority Girls", not sure of the name of the DVD, but it is really good as well.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I too love Gourmet surprise...but I'm a sucker for wanting a DVD or video with a quantity of tricks and I find that his fall short.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I like MV1 with David Parr...great stuff....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Eugene's best stuff (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL