The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magic Mints (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
krist0pher
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of krist0pher
Has anyone tried this Oz Pearlman effect out yet? There's a couple things I'm curious of though...

1. Is this an actual Oz Pearlman effect? Really?
2. I've seen hundreds of effects with the same concept of "linking" two objects, is there an original effect that this is just riding the tail of?
Kristopher Scofield

Myspace.com/imkrisscofield
djc89
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of djc89
I don't believe it is an Oz effect. Some say it is a ripoff of Linking Lifesavers (I wouldn't know as I don't own either).
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
No it's not an Oz effect. [rant on] Some people have yet to learn that there was magic before Penguin. (krist0pher, this is not directed at you. You were just one more victim of the "hype")

These are the same people who believe David Blaine invented "Two Card Monte" and that Jay and Oz rank right up there with Dai Vernon as the "most influential magician of our time."[rant off]

Use the "search" feature here, or on any other forum to hear the sordid details, rumors, allegations, accusations, etc... between Penguin, Magic Makers and Colin Gilbert, the originator of the effect.

Check here to hear one telling of the tale.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
See the link in my signature! The creator is quoted about Magic Mints being a fake. Magic Mints is a fake.

Where dose it say it's an Oz effect.

Dave-
They also believe "Two Card Monte" is the effects real name. If Oz and Jay are up with Vernon either it's the end of the world or it's a different Vernon.

The penguin forms are a riot to read. Don't say I'm promoting fakes by looking around penguin I am fully against ROBbing and STIFFing but you have to stay on top of what the "enemy" is up to so it's more like spying.

P.s. Where can I buy the original?
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Yes, it is the not so famous Lucas Vernon. Very handy with pipes and stuff. The best plumber east of Jersey and a helluva guy!
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Maybe it's Oz Vernon or Jay Vernon...
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
Charlottesville, Virginia
264 Posts

Profile of the_houdini_jester
I don't think it's Oz's but it's a good effect for people I do it to.
All the Magic things I don't have are like the foods I've never had. One day I'll have some but I will never have all.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Oh no, someone actually bought a fake and likes it...
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
trevcmagicman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of trevcmagicman
Hmm.... Penguin has a couple of actual effects that are not ripped off but this one was ripped off. It is exactly the same as Linking Lifesavers... I would like to get Linking Lifesavers but where?
The magic of Trevor Crandall and Luke Vlassis. The magic men of Nipomo, California.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Colin Gilbert originated Linking Lifesavers. He raised a big stink with Penguin about their knockoff. Penguin did a shuffle about it, but still produce the knockoff. But remember, they do have a foundation that helps underprivileged kids.

Right!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Where can I buy Linking Lifesavers?
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2482 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
You can get the gimmicked one at http://www.magictricks.co.uk http://www.penguinmagic.com

And a ungimmicked version at http://www.alanrorrison.tk Some us brands may not work but all uk versions do
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Right now, PenguinMagic is giving away Magic Mint for free with order over 50 bucks. This offer expires 5/27.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hmmm, interesting... Not even Penguin can get anyone to buy their "less costly alternative." I wonder, could it be you do actually get what you pay for???
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2005-05-22 23:43, PortMagician wrote:
You can get the gimmicked one at http://www.magictricks.co.uk http://www.penguinmagic.com

And a ungimmicked version at http://www.alanrorrison.tk Some us brands may not work but all uk versions do

Anywhere in the U.S. that is not Magic Mints

Quote:
On 2005-05-22 23:43, PortMagician wrote:

Will it work with Lifesavers?
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
The ungimmicked version? He says "it works with some of them" I'm assuming he's talking about the white mint version.
pucker316
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of pucker316
I have a good time with the Magic Mints. Kids love them
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2005-05-28 23:16, pucker316 wrote:
Kids love them

I bet Colin Gilbert dosn't.

From Tim Ellis's Magic Fakes Page (see the link in my signature):

Statement from Colin Gilbert regarding Magic Linking Mints:

"Magic-Mints never has nor will ever be 'approved' or 'authorised' by me. If you require any further proof or information please contact me by email - colinxgilbert@aol.com "
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1261 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Magic Mints are in the "cool box" @ Penguin for under $3.00. Just picked mine up after a long internal debate. Over 50 reviews on them on penguin and they're all wonderful. Of course I know the method right off the bat but still a lil' something fun to do while popping some lifesavers. As a magician you have to have little effects like these in your arsenal. So impromptu and visual. WIll be fun to perform during "off beat moments" or breaks from bigger routines. Been meaning to get my hands on Sankey's 3 Ring Circus as well for a linking effect. Can anybody comment on performances and discuss the function/details/ideas regarding the product instead of where it originated and who deserves credit? I mean .. continue your discussion if you want .. I just come here for tips and thoughts about how to improve performances and thoroughly enjoy sifting through the various routines.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2012-12-03 12:23, TheMag1cian wrote:
Can anybody comment on performances and discuss the function/details/ideas regarding the product instead of where it originated and who deserves credit? I mean .. continue your discussion if you want .. I just come here for tips and thoughts about how to improve performances and thoroughly enjoy sifting through the various routines.

If you happen to come up with your own effect put it on the market and have it stolen by M.M. or another company you may have a change of heart and sing a different tune. Knowing where effects came from and who had what first is important. You may hide your head in the sand if you wish but it doesn't help your growth in magic at all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magic Mints (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL