The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Misleading Misled by ExpertMagic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Has anyone played with this yet? It's both a download and a DVD so I'm posting in this forum even though only the former is currently available...
Logic Defied
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
I've seen this before on Alan's website and was intrigued by it as I too have a very similar handling for an impromptu pen thru bill. Upon seeing this new demo I'm almost 100% sure we've independantly came up with the same thing.

Personally I'm not too sure it's a $20 secret but that's just my opinion. I'm sure this will do very well and I wish Alan all the success in the world. He is after all a fellow Scot.

On a similar note I have continued to work with the 'pen thru bill' and have something brewing which I think may be of interest to those who like the plot. Especially if you like the idea of doing it impromptu. Stay tuned.

Dave.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Dave...I should have been more specific...this is the one by Eric James at Expertmagic...

http://www.expertmagic.com/html/store/mmislead/mmislead.html
Logic Defied
jonash1982
View Profile
New user
Canada
59 Posts

Profile of jonash1982
It's Alan's effect...Eric James just teaches it on the DVD.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Ooops!
Didn't notice that on his site!

Thanks for the heads-up.
Logic Defied
slangers
View Profile
New user
Denmark
86 Posts

Profile of slangers
Im interested in this thing to. Especially the 20 dollar thing. it reminds me of ellusionists "revolution". Bought it but havent been using it that much. I wonder if this is something for me.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Anyone have this that is willing to give it a review?
Logic Defied
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
How does this differ from Peter Eggink's similar effect?
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
Quote:
On 2005-05-21 07:21, Logan wrote:

This one uses only a borrowed pen and bank note . Smile
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On 2005-05-21 09:25, gosman wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-05-21 07:21, Logan wrote:

This one uses only a borrowed pen and bank note . Smile

Gosman,

thank you for your efforts but Eggink's 'Artificial Experience' also uses a borrowed pen & bank note.

See here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
Yes, but Miseleading Misled ONLY uses a borrowed pen and banknote, LOL. In other words, unlike Eggink's illusion, it is completely impromptu.

I must say, however, that in my opinion, Peter Eggink's effect is much more visual. I enjoy seeing how the pen melts through the bill at the magician's command to fall into his other awaiting hand. In MM, while I don't own the effect, it appears as though the performer is required to hold on to the pen during the actual penetration. For some reason, if you compare the two videos, MM just looks... "dry." I suppose that's just the impromptu nature of the effect though.

Ray.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The effect is totally impromtu, it uses no gimmicks and can be done with any pen and bill with nothing added or taken away. When you buy this you gain access to the port buyers forum where you learn some extra moves that give you a full misled routine TOTALLY UNGIMMICKED AND IMPROMTU. As for performance, its as dry as you make it, take the effect and add your own charecter to it!
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Ah I see, thanks for the clarification!

Agreed, A.E. looks awesome but since it isn't totally impromptu, it cannot be compared to this in that field.

But I still like the way the original Misled and A.E. look compared to MM. Why? I don't like the idea of folding the bill more than necessary, I believe the trick looks better with the pencil/pen just hanging inside a bill folded in half, as opposed to one folded in quarters.

Maybe it's just because I perform Misled too darn much.

Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hold tight.
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of ashah
Well, I figured this out from watching the demo video, but I think it would be a killer effect for laymen. Clever thinking to create an impromptu version of pen/pencil thru bill.

Although the impromptu nature of the effect makes it extra valuable, I think it's overpriced. I think they'd sell a lot more of the downloads if they were cheaper.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.rorris......lead.wmv Is a video of the main effect with the bonus moves thrown in. You get it all when you buy misleding mislead. and the bill andpen are borrowed, no gimmicks, nothing added or taken away. and the bill is completly un harmed. a few of you have been asking for this demo

Alan
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
The first penetration looks a lot like Steve Fearsons method. It's also impomptu.
Nice effect though.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Fearsons needs a spechal somtrhing in the bill, this one does not
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Alan,

actually, the new demo that you posted looks a lot better than Eric James's presentation - or maybe it's just the music.

Anyway, if we purchase this as ExpertMagic, will we get the bonus moves as well?

Looks like Fearson's as stated by Tor, but since you say it's different, my interest is peaked!

Good stuff man,

Logan

Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
You get all the moves in this demo!

Alan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Misleading Misled by ExpertMagic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL