The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Axtell Magic Drawing Board Routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Axtell Magic Drawing Board.

I just picked one up and want to do a routine where my ficitious/made up uncle who was a magician long ago has come back from the dead and still wants to do magic while I'm on stage. I'm sure this routine will pan out
quite well, but I am at a stand still about how this trick is going to come off on stage.

Set up: My Uncle is a stubborn old man who did magic in the biggest venues and from the dead, he's not done. Bugging me all the time for me to take him on stage and let him do his magic once again. Of course this is all made up...but it sounds so fun.Smile

1. Since I will be using one hand to hold the board, what tricks would you suggest to do with that routine?

2. Any good oneliners you'd want to share regarding the magic board and my dead magician Uncle?

3. Just looking for ideas. I don't want to steal someones routine, but I think this usage with the board might be a new idea...which I'm willing to share.

4. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Remember I'm all for the funny here.

Thank you Brothers and Sisters of the Magic Relm.

Sonny Vegas
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Sonny maybe anything to do with Dead Jokes. like when my Grampa Died he was supposed to Become a Spirit but instead he was/became a Medium. also what kind of Audience are you going to be doing this in front of.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Do you vent? I have the Axtell drawing board and it is a great prop. I use the Art-O-Matic routine and it's always a winner. I need to learn to vent to make up a great routine. There are a quite a few possibilities to perform magic with your free hand. Any paddle trick would work, predictions/mentalism would work, even a Strat-O-Sphere could be done one handed if you vanished the last ball with a change bag. It's possible to work the mouth of the Drawing board with your foot if you stand behind a table and just use fishing line tied in a loop. That could free up both hands temporarily to do a 2 handed trick. They eyes would be tricky but the mouth is a cinch!
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Donster: I do Adult Comedy, so the "dead thing" is do-able with the older audience. I would definately drop the Uncle Morrie bit and just do some kid pleasers for the younger crowd. I'm off to "dig up" the dead joke folder and see what I have...Thank you

Muzicman: My first gig was in 1st grade using the Day O'Day puppet. I am just now bringing it back to incorporate some funniness. That was 35 years ago...lol
I like the trick ideas, I'm researching those now. As far as the Art-O-Matic, I feel that's a bit dated. Some of it is funny but there are some things I'd like to cut out. That rap tune on the routine dates back to the 1986 Chicago Bears "Super Bowl Shuffle" I like the foot and fishing line idea...off to the 'drawing board with that one...lol
Thank you for the ideas.
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Sonny Any Time. since it is Adult Mainly I'm sure you can think of stuff. with the Body being Dead and stiff etc.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I use mine to lip sync to "Bad Boys" theme from Cops.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Sonny,

The effect with a polka dotted foulard in which you shake it (one handed) and all the dots fly into the air might be a nice addition to it.

In fact you could have the drawing board covered with the polka dotted foulard before the trick begins to give it a reason for being there...

Just a thought...

Lyndel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Axtell Magic Drawing Board Routine? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL