The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Forget Bisection or David Copperfield's Laser...Look at this!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14072 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I understand from other posts, that their are at least two or three versions of this, not all of them equal in amazement or exact method. Anybody know more anout the specifics of that?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
450 Posts

Profile of johnra
I just thought the part with her body like disappearing like that was amazing. Ive seen the head thing before but wow that was cool.
John
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Quote:
On 2006-06-13 19:38, themagicman101 wrote:

And yes, it actually is for sale, and she is unfortunatley not "limber" nor all that talented. Its only an illusion.

....Man, magic is just too easy to get at these days. What ever happened to when everything was amazing?

I really don't understand this kind of thinking

My understanding is that the young lady in question is Kawakami Ikuko, who developed this illusion and subsequently sold the rights/permission to Cyril Takayama who has performed it and continues to develop it.

Perhaps coming up with an illusion that attracts the interest of world class magicians and compliments from the likes of Hideo Kato counts as "not all that talented" in your book. In my book it deserves congratulations.

Perhaps magic becomes "too easy to get at" and less "amazing" when people can log on to a website, read a blurb and a price tag make assumptions about the quality of both a talented individual and a delightful illusion.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17288 Posts

Profile of joseph
I really liked that one....very surprising and good....... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Applause. I don't care how she did it.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1731 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I just read in MAGIC Magazine, that Cyril Takayama actual was inspired by this young girl to perform this effect... He was going to purchase the rights to it; however, at the time, she was too young to purchase the rights, so he asked to meet her to thank her for the inspiration.

Pretty cool!

-Bryan Gilles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Forget Bisection or David Copperfield's Laser...Look at this!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL