The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Zack's bad day (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
Today I was in a foul mood. I was late to the pitch, the airconditioning was broken on the bus, and I was mad at the world and especially at the stupid useless punters!

I went at my edge like a pitbull...I really didn't care if they walked out or not. One rich white guy was heckling me...I needled him unmercifully. I used Gazzo's bit where I yell "JOHN'S HERE...see, nobody gives a ****!"

Well, that guy gave me a $20 and the rest of the hat was HUGE.

Go figure.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea well , see that's what happens....having a terrible day and one guy with some cash likes you and throws you some dough...it happens...keep at it

where were you working, what city
koz
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
In some environments, people respect attitude and balls. Right crowd, right time. May fly like a brick tomorrow.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
One thing is for sure, you are always better off if they don't think you need them. If you come across too polite, or needy, they will not drop anything for you.

There is a balance to be struck within your character, (by within your chracter I mean you cant be milktoast Jeckle one time, and over the top Hyde, or Gazzo the next..unless that is within your character.) between confidence and arrogance, and even pushing past insolence. And on any given day, you might be anywhere on the scale, even to one extreme or the other, and have it work great. Or as Michael said, it might fly like a brick.

That is what is so cool about a different crowd every set. You have to sense the right level to connect with them, to maximize the entertainment value to them, and the enjoyment to yourself.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Zack's bad day (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL