The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » See-thru guillotine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
188 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Anyone ever use this? I have a friend that has one for sale for 2500. not sure if I want/can buy it. any suggestions/info would be appreciated
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1903 Posts

Profile of chmara
If it is the Wellington See thru -- grab it. They are over $4000 with blade stand new. I got #24 (Copperefield got #25) someyears ago -- and have cut off celebrity heads and commoners too -- safely and wonderfully. BTW this is a patented item.........so knock-offs should eb reported to Bill Schmeelk.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
188 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Thanks,
This is an original. Person passed away sometime ago. Where is the # stamped on them? So I can see what number this is?
Thanks
Zak
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
852 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I too have owned one for quite some time. I bought one of the first ones from Bill Schmeelk. He is a gem of a guy, builds fantastic props that work well, look great and are road worthy. In addition, Bill stands behind his stuff. A few times I had to send it back for minor repairs (it gets used and trucked a lot). Always fixed for price of parts only, and done quickly. I'd recommend his equipment without hesitation.
Lou Leventhal
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Tell your Friend that I will take it for $2500.

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4948 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I found a picture here.
Looks like a very fine prop.
Is it heavy?

http://www.wellingtonent.com/document/seeguill.html
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
New England
137 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
For those of you who have this, does the blade become scratched and marked? I had seen one scratched badly enough to tip the method.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
852 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I have used this very regularly for 10+ years, and yes, it does get scratched up. So, I just scratch up everything to match. I have been doing my guillotine for more than 25 years with a variety of choppers, including Lester Lake extended blade models. By far, the See Through Guillotine adds to the "magic" of the effect.
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
New England
137 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
OK, thanks for the info. I was wondering why the blade wasn't designed with a little texture. But wasn't sure if that would be about the same as the scratches.

I have a demo video of the prop from Wellington. I was impressed, but was thinking this was more of a magician impresser. Do you feel that being clear strengthens the effect? (For the lay audience.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » See-thru guillotine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL