The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Question on live loads. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
qwism
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of qwism
Can you imagine a known magician treating doves or chicks horribly in this current time? They'd reputation would be shot
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3459 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2005-05-24 18:45, Bill Palmer wrote:
A little jolt of electricity, and you could have "The Bride of Frankenstein!" Smile

Bill, wouldn't that be the "BIRD of Frankenstein"? Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually, that would be closer. The post referred to a misspelling that was in the previous post. It has since been corrected, so the correction was also done to my post.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27143 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I tried with my parakeet and also my horned lizard. Neither cared much for the fussing and I certainly would not try to carry them around. I got the parakeets book and read all the cautions about drafts and just can't do that to an animal.

Someday sombody clever may breed TINY rabbits or long eared mice that might be fun if they stayed small.

The stuff about breakign toes on the chicks etc is just too much for me.

And agreed about the loads being showstoppers. Expect the table to get rushed.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
I'm a lazy magician. I don't want hassels or hard work. To me, a live load is a lot of work. Not just for doing the the magic but taking care of the animal in between shows. It is, after all, a living breathing thing. I don't have the time to take care of the animal so I don't bother to use a live load. However, I do produce a dog and cat in my cup and ball routine. How do I do that you may ask?

I use little stuffed animals that are actually cat toys. They fit fine, they don't move the cups, they don't need to be walked or fed. After them I finish with my usual large ball production. People seem to like the little critters.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
366 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
And have you ever tried to classic palm a hamster? No Thanks, I'll stick to little ridiculous crocheted balls.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6893 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Brianclementsvatua made a good point. "You just have to handle them well so that no animal gets hurt when loaded into the cup." Yep. A little foot sticking out from under, as you slam down the cup may not get past some people. They will think about that for the rest of your show.

qwism, that's why I mention this. Also, using livestock can cause unintentional comedy, in a show that my not supposed to be! Or, disgust, as in my case. About 25 years ago, I pulled a rabbit out a hat, merrily peeing away, and little pellets dropping...oh joy. And this was for a Ladies Club Luncheon, no less!

Another show (recently), the little white mouse I had produced from a glass of milk, jumped out of my hands and ran around the floor, causing a near riot...women screaming, jumping on folded chairs (and they folded up, dumping aforementioned ladies to the ground!)...I'm lucky I didn't get SUED! Ahhh, lessons learned...

Long live the spring animals! The rabbit version of Rocky Raccoon is the best rabbit IMO...looks real from a short distance. Judy The Mouse is good, albeit unanimated, but that defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Smile

Doug
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Willard the Wizard used live parakeets in the vanishing bird cage. He never hurt a bird. The birds never pecked him, either. Bev Bergeron worked as his assistant and said that the birds used to peck the fire out of him when he would put them into the cage. Willard thought this was funny because he never had any trouble with them.

It's mentioned in Willard the Wizard.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
And have you ever tried to classic palm a hamster? No Thanks, I'll stick to little ridiculous crocheted balls.
yes with dwarf hamsters you can!
zig zag illusion - $3,000
theater rental - $500
geting advice from othe magicians on the cafe - priceless
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Question on live loads. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL