The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » John Gabriel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
There was a magician on WGM 5 named John Gabriel. He opened w/ a Shadow Box type effect and later in the show did a double levi. That was the first time I saw him and have not seen or heard of him since. Anyone know anythign about him or what he is up to? What do you think of him???
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6446 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I believe he works in remote island resorts... partially because that one appearance had his two levitation stolen by a known magician. He prefers now to keep away from other magicians because of that experience. He is a pretty good inventor and has sold some of his ideas to other working pros.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
Who stole his double levitation??
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6446 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-05-22 23:21, briansmagic wrote:
Who stole his double levitation??

I would rather not say... it's a known magician, but not one of the big guys like Copperfield, Burton or Franz Harray... but he is known.

Greg
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
225 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
Dear Greg,

Allow me to tell you the the "Double Levitation" (also known as "Airtime") was not his. May I ask where you got that piece of information from?

Regards,

D
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6446 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Happen to know a guy who knows him and has worked with him... the effect was immediately used by someone else when he appeared on that show... and that person had not been doing it before.

Greg
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
I had the pleasure of speaking to John Gabriel a year or so ago when he had an Airtime for sale. He indicated to me that this was one of a few that he owned. As far as I know, he had a TV show in a Canadian market around that time. Since then, though, I haven't heard anything. And, unfortunately I was unable to purchase the illusion at that time but I can say that he was very helpful and a pleasure to speak to.

--Jack Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6446 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
My apologies about the John Gabriel thing... the magician I was thinking of has another name. From what I'm told this other magician, the one I couldn't remember, was the creator of the double levi...
I'm still not going to mention that young man's name because he does like to work under the wire... he has sold ideas to other magicians such as Burton, but I know they were actually sold to those magicians.
Sorry for the brain f-a-r-t

greg
lbmagic
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of lbmagic
John Gabriel just finished a series of shows in Southern California.
lbmagic
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of lbmagic
FYI: John Gabriel will be appearing at The Carpenter Center, in Long Beach California, on Saturday, August 27th. For information call, 562-985-7000, and check: http://www.johngabrielmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » John Gabriel (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL