The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Paid to watch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3310 Posts

Profile of warren
I was working at TGI Friday's at the weekend and whilst performing at a table one of the spectators asked if they could show me a card trick, of course I said go a head and was the first person to start the applause and make the spectator the star.
As this wasn't the first time this has happened this got me thinking about how lucky we are, we get paid to watch someone else perform and as long as you make the spectator feel they did a good job with the 21 card trick you still come away with new friends who will tell the manager what a good time they had with you.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Absolutely right! The problem with most magicians is EGO--they can't stand to let someone else be in the limelight for a minute. What they don't understand is that, in a restaurant gig, you are hired as simply a magician, you are hired to enhance customer relations and build repeat business. Allowing guests to have the spotlight for a few minutes will do just that!

Well done!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Trickster
View Profile
New user
Southern California
51 Posts

Profile of Trickster
I can't agree with both of you more... It happens all the time when I'm working... What cracks me up though, sometimes the person says you wouldn't be interested because you already know everything... That just takes a little coaxing to get them going...

Good job...

RDS
--
"I may not be a smart man, I'm just good at what I do"...

Deuces Wild Entertainment
www.TheTrickster.net

Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I always admire the initiative and the nerve of a spectator wanting to show you a trick after you just blew everyone away with amazing tricks. I always let them do it and am polite and appreciative when they are done. Most of the time his/her friends will quickly tell them to shut up or stop, which makes it funny. Impromptu spectator shows rule.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
If you are paid to entertain the people..... well, you choose they way how you entertain them! "Magic" happens in many ways....

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Paid to watch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL