The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Handcuff ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mind Freak
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Mind Freak
This is great information guys!
Mr. McCall, do I understand you correctly in that you are saying Darby Handcuffs, although it sounds easy to open them with a shoe lace. That in fact it's only a Houdini myth, and this can't really be done? I'm not a gambling man, but I would not put any money on that one. There are some pretty savy escape artists around who I think could accomplish that feat. If I read your post wrong, please disregard.

Roger Smile
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Rogar
I am saying that a spring bolt can be opened with a shoe lace but Houdini gives no description of how you get the tightened noose out of the cuff. You cannot simply drop it in, pull and open ( or getting it out again). The noose has to be pushed in and around the bolt.

Try it,
Ian
Mind Freak
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Mind Freak
Thank you Mr. McCall for you're follow-up.
I had the method explained to me earlier in an email. It pretty much mirrored what you have said. With one exception, I was told how to remove the noose! I guess it's what you would call a trade secret. I am going to try it and will let you all know how it works out. Some of you here at the Magic Café are a great help, and I want to thank those of you who have taken the time to email me and explain a few things. Pointing me in the right direction and providing very helpful resources and explanations, Mr. Von in particular! Thank you all!

Roger Smile
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Yes Ian. I agree with you. I never really thought about getting the lace or string out of the keyway. Harry never mentioned that! I suppose a small blade hidden somewhere could have destroyed the technique. He always said that he left no evidence of his escape methods, but you have now got me thinking(Again!!!)

Back to the books....... Smile

Mick
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Mick, I have always thought 'noose" more than 'loops'. A noose has one free end but loops created in the 'bight' would grab the thread and you have two free ends. The whole would come out when only one end is pulled. Off to test it.

Ian
Mind Freak
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Mind Freak
Success!!!!!
I applied a method that I learned yesterday, and I must say that to my surprise it indeed worked!!!!! It took me many trys and a little muscle, but I was able to open the handcuffs and remove the string. I honestly did not think it was possible, because who would have thought that you could really open a set of handcuffs with string? Amazing, truly amazing!!!!!

Thank you Mr. Von for the lesson!!!!!
Roger Smile (Mind Freak, Mind Fried)
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Congrats!!!! I've PMed you.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Hi Roger,

Good to hear it worked for you!!

Some brilliant minds in here, so never stop picking their brains!!

Don't ever let someone tell you it can't be done, without trying it for yourself.

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Anything is possible!!

One method may work better than another. Some methods might not work at all. But, there is always a way!!

Don't ever let someone else's inability deter you!! Just because they can't make it happen, does not mean you can't!!

How far you decide to go is totally up to you. It's a choice!! Some people don't understand that!!

You're comment in a previous post about (Workers & Teachers) is so true!!

Some just don't get it, and never will!!

Red Von
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Look at that! I mention the words "Harry", "Handcuffs" & "Shoelaces" and see the response. This place is so cool.

Let's add something else to this discussion.

A coil spring.

Get an expansion coil spring, with an internal diameter a little more than the thread on the locking bolt on the Darby. Push into the keyway and the coils will grab the thread. Again, pull like hell and hopefully, bingo!

To get it off, unscrew it like you would the correct key.

It needs to be a fairly heavy spring to counteract the spring in the cuff, and also one that won't unwind when you pull, but it should work, and one spring should fit a few different sizes of cuff.

Now, where can I find a spring?......

Mick H
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
<LOL! Thanks Red Von. The spring question was meant to be funny, but I just had to click on the link. You got me!!!

Mick
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Hi Mick

It was meant to get a laugh!! LOL!!

Red
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Handcuff ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL