The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Chad Sanborn spoon bend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Has anyone seen this?

koz
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of ashah
It's on his Mind Bender DVD. Demo video at:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=488
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
The Magic Warehouse has the DVD on sale for $15. Chad Sanborn is a member here at the Café so he should be able to answer any questions about his spoon bend.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Conus
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Conus
Hi ted -
Yep!
Send me a note sometime.
- Conus
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2005-05-24 17:20, Jeremy L. wrote:
The Magic Warehouse has the DVD on sale for $15. Chad Sanborn is a member here at the Café so he should be able to answer any questions about his spoon bend.

Now at $8.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
threeofclubs
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of threeofclubs
I have it, it is alright
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
It is more than alright, it is a superb, impromptu spoon bend that is slightly ingenious. How many spoon bends have you seen where the spoon is bent right in front of the audience without them seeing it?

The entire effect is done at waist, chest and eye level without a lot of funny movements or obvious manual pressure to accomplish the bend. I have mutilated silverware in restaurants with this routine for about a year now, and it is a prime example of doing magic anytime, anywhere and with anything......a motto to live by......
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
I was getting ready to order this tomorrow from The Magic Warehouse, as in Canada it's sells for about 29.50. Not a bad price, but still 8.00 U.S. beats that, even with shipping.

Then, I took a couple Walmart spoons into my bathroom earlier this evening, and asked myself 'how would someone accomplish the illusion of the spoon bending, without the use of gimmicks'?

Then I took a principle from Banachek, and a principle from Richard, tried them both out, and VOILA, I came up with a very NICE looking spoon bend in the mirror. It's looks JUST like Optical Bend. It is SO easy, ans SO much fun to watch in the mirror.

I won't tip the method I'm using here, for anyone who doesn't have the DVD, but if anyone who has it would like to know my method to accomplish, it is ridiculously easy, with a little practise. I'm sure Chad's handling is very different, as he commented that his routine isn't remotely close to anything of Banachek's or Richards, and my routine is borrowing 2 ideas from them.

So, for now, I will keep my money in my pocket, as I play with this and perfect the handling, so it's smooth, and then test it on my kids, and some friends.

I also want to thank Chad for coming up with this beautiful bend, because if I wouldn't have been able to watch it online, I never would have thought of it.

Kind Regards

smitty
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I highly recommend Chad's Mindbender video. The spoon bend is a popular part of my restaurant gigs. Thanks to Chad, I suspect that I personally support the Wal-Mart kitchenware section!

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
He did it in froont of my nose....blew me away
koz
Castle2369
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston, MA
207 Posts

Profile of Castle2369
This is a teriffic effect, I really enjoy using Chad Sandborn's spoon-bend, I recommend the MINDBENDER (DVD) for anyone who loves metal bending, and their's also a fantastic coin routine, rubber-band effect as well. I love the fluidity of the Optical Bend, this is really quite nice.

Fantastic Work Chad!

Cheers,

-Erick Castle
Creator of the Gallerian Bend
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10701 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Erick is way to modest to talk about his wonderful effect called TOUCHING BEND.
this is a impromptu effect that even fools the camera. it will be release on my site vinnymarini.com in about a week . Amazing Randi thaught Eric was using a camera trick.. no camera trick and no gimmick just slight of hand..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Simon Tan
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
55 Posts

Profile of Simon Tan
Vinny, how much is TOUCHING BEND priced? Is it downloadable?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Chad Sanborn spoon bend (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL