The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Promo pack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
What is it, what's in it and how does it help? Pros and cons instead of just going to the place?
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
A basic promo packet should have:
- A picture of you, B/W or color is your choice
- A biography of you
- A list of references/clients (preferably from well known people/groups)
- A listing of the shows you offer.

They are generally better for Agency's who might hire you then retardants, but they are good for reminding them of who you are. If you have any high profile clients they are good for pointing out why you are so good for that business.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
If this is a general promo pack, the items RandomEffects listed are all good. If one can be afforded, a video/DVD would be a great addition.

If this is for restaurants (since this is part of the forum you posted under), I would suggest having a page that specifically lists the benefits of hiring a magician... a top ten list if you will. I think it was in Kirk Charles' "Tips on Table-Hopping" where I first got the idea. Suggestions:

1) Cover delays in seating or delays in service
2)Attract repeat business
3)Attract new customers
4)Unique entertainment
5)Personalized entertainment

etc., etc. You get the idea.

I try to arrange these in order of importance on the page, but at the very least suggest one or two of the best advantages when I am actually sitting with the manager/owner, so that he gets a real good feel for what's in it for him. Very important!

For promo packs in general, I have different pages for different venues, if they are determined to be that specialized. They are such that I can grab from files at home, the ones needed to sell a particular job, and arrange them in a nice presentation folder. This is delivered, usually in person (if practical), or mailed.

I have the pages cut so they will stack with a stepped configuration while sitting in a pocket folder, shortest to the front, graduating to the tallest at the rear. They are cut at half-inch increments. The different heights act like tabs to any of the pages, and each has a title of sorts at the top for easy reference.

When the prospective client opens the folder, there is, in essence, a menu laid out before them, instead of a single page with several other unknown pages hiding behind. Hopefully, something from the stack catches their eye long enough to hook them.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Promo pack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL