The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Match on ceiling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
When I was a kid I was on vacation in France. I was with my parents at a restaurant, and a man came in and started to do some tricks. The one I remember the most is he took a wooden match, placed it vertically between his first finger and thumb, and shot it up and it stuck on the ceiling!

I was later told that this man was homeless (he was wearing rags and rode up to the store on a dilapidated bicycle) but the restaurant owners let him do magic at bars/clubs so he could earn a few bucks.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out the trick. There was no possibility of a set-up (match already on ceiling) because I saw him do it again at a later date. And the only other method I can think of is one similar to Ammar’s coin on ceiling - but don't know how it would work in this application. Anyone have any ideas?

-Lawrence
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
Thumb tip with a striker surface and match with a pin on the end? I'm just guessing. I would need to hear more on it without furher conjecture.

PS a lot of matches had self strike heads so maybe just a pin in the end for weight and sticking in the ceiling. If it did not catch, who cared, he was homeless and moved on to the next table?
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
Hahahhaa... good idea. "he was homeless and moved on to the next table" LOL!! Also, if he got one to stick, I am sure it would stay up there for a night or two and he could do a fake toss the next time.

It was amasing though, it would stick on end right on/into the ceiling. He would flick it up there at very high speed... maybe he could actually do it depending on the composition of the ceiling?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Match on ceiling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL