The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Trixx (video) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ewizardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
117 Posts

Profile of ewizardmagic
Hey guys, I got another one for ya!

<link to users web site removed by staff>

I'm lovin' my new camera! It makes everything look soooo much better!

Enjoy!

Jason
"Never argue with an idiot...those who are watching may not be able to tell the difference..."

"skusslechea"
-psalms 35

Jason

http://www.ewizardmagic.com
yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
Okay, it's working now. There aren't enough exciting moves in it. Sure, there are card changes, two handed cuts, one handed cuts, and a flipback fan, but it didn't have anything in it to really make me want to watch it. Also, it's nice that you have a new camera, but it takes pretty bad footage, it was all blurry. There's nothing wrong with that, I understand if you can't get a top of the line camera, neither can I, but I thought if you were getting a new camera you'd get a better one, not a worse one. On an unrelated note, your sybil's seem slower in this video than I'm used to seeing. This isn't really a problem for me, just an observation, but I know there are others here that like to see very fast sybils.
I am away and will be so until late July. I will have a chance to read the forums, but I will be pressed for time, and unable to read every thread. If you feel a thread requires my attention, please PM me with a link. Thanks, and have a great summer. :
ewizardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
117 Posts

Profile of ewizardmagic
Thanks guys for the comments!

Yahu,

lol...there's a little step called COMPRESSION that I need to do (the vid would be like 14 mb without it). The quality of the camera is amazing...but it isn't great when compressed (duh).

:)

Jason
"Never argue with an idiot...those who are watching may not be able to tell the difference..."

"skusslechea"
-psalms 35

Jason

yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
Jason, try compressing it with a different program. When I compress footage it never gets that much worse. 14mb doesn't even seem that big in the first place, although all the videos I've published are much less, I've seen much bigger files and had no trouble downloading them.
I am away and will be so until late July. I will have a chance to read the forums, but I will be pressed for time, and unable to read every thread. If you feel a thread requires my attention, please PM me with a link. Thanks, and have a great summer. :
Daryl
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Daryl
Hey, your charlier routine incorporated an upside down spin that so far, I've ONLY seen Elijah Cai of Virtuoso do.

I think he deserves credit for that eh Jason? Its a really stylish move. Im quite sure you got it from him..!
-E.PluRiBuS.UnuM-
yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
Well, as long as we're talking about that, De'vo deserves crdeit for the flipback fan.
rudess
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of rudess
De'vo deserves credit for the flipback vanish too.
WICKED
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of WICKED
Quote:
On 2005-05-24 7:57pm, yahu wrote:
Okay, it's working now. There aren't enough exciting moves in it. Sure, there are card changes, two handed cuts, one handed cuts, and a flipback fan, but it didn't have anything in it to really make me want to watch it. Also, it's nice that you have a new camera, but it takes pretty bad footage, it was all blurry. There's nothing wrong with that, I understand if you can't get a top of the line camera, neither can I, but I thought if you were getting a new camera you'd get a better one, not a worse one. On an unrelated note, your sybil's seem slower in this video than I'm used to seeing. This isn't really a problem for me, just an observation, but I know there are others here that like to see very fast sybils.

Quote:
On 2005-05-25 00:41, yahu wrote:
Well, as long as we're talking about that, De'vo deserves crdeit for the flipback fan.

There wasn't any flipback fan in the video. A HL loyal can't even tell the difference between the flipback vanish and flipbak fan. Nice

The first part of the video was boring. I can't believe people still do snap changes in videos. If you got a cool way to perform it then it's fine, but it's always the same.The cuts you did from 40secs - 60secs need to be smoother and flow better. To me, you should make videos of moves that you have perfected 90% - 100%. Two handed cut combos were also not good. Try to develop your own style while doing them. And as Daryl has said, you shoud give credit to that Virtuoso guy because I have seen it being done by him and you definately got the idea from there(you also perform that little move badly, too jerky)
Sybils were cool, pretty fast. Try working on the one hand fan, youre almost there to getting it perfect. Nice work.

Im dissapointed you didn't give credit to De'vo for flipback vanish. I'd suggest you do that right away.
MnemonicaRedux
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of MnemonicaRedux
Hey, is that my 947 closer at 40 seconds? Smile

The video was a bit burr, Jason... the beginning color changes were really a kinda of "look at me! I'm special!1 kahkahakhakah" kinda thing, and the cuts were a little bit messy, in general. And yeah... try and credit all the people who've influenced your moves in the video. It's not necessary, but a nice precaution you wanna take if you don't wanna be flamed on some forums. Namely, this one Smile

-Kev
ewizardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
117 Posts

Profile of ewizardmagic
Thanks guys for the comments!

About the upside down cuts and stuff, I first saw Rkzad do it. Ya, Cai does it too, but Rkzad was the true influence. Smile

I'll make the video into a higher quality for ya guys soon. I'll also fix the credits. I also forgot to put in De'vo's name as well. I'll get to work.

Thanks again!

Jason

"skusslechea"
-psalms 35

Jason

yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
I'm sorry Wicked, I misspoke. I don't know why I wrote flipback fan, but I certainly intended to type in flipback vanish. I apoligize.
360degree
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of 360degree
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 06:29, ewizardmagic wrote:
About the upside down cuts and stuff, I first saw Rkzad do it. Ya, Cai does it too, but Rkzad was the true influence. Smile

Yes, there are few upsidedown cut motions drifting around but the one you did in your video's a replica of what Cai did. Except the addition of the "Jason Soll's touch" that spoilt that motion by just twitching awfully instead of doing a full swing. Bad & Ugly & Big Disgrace. And please give credits to the right person too if you wanna copy his/her style and motions, and it'll be better for you.
ewizardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
117 Posts

Profile of ewizardmagic
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 09:53, 360degree wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 06:29, ewizardmagic wrote:

Yes, there are few upsidedown cut motions drifting around but the one you did in your video's a replica of what Cai did. Except the addition of the "Jason Soll's touch" that spoilt that motion by just twitching awfully instead of doing a full swing. Bad & Ugly & Big Disgrace. And please give credits to the right person too if you wanna copy his/her style and motions, and it'll be better for you.

According to you, my jerky motions are original. lol

Again!...I'm going to re-do the thank yous.

Jason

"skusslechea"
-psalms 35

Jason

Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
What's the music?
The Presitidigitationist
ewizardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
117 Posts

Profile of ewizardmagic
I got the music from the game NBA Street V3 (awesome game by the way). It's called "Trixx". Smile

Jason

I'm sorry...I didn't know that you guys created every single move in that video, as well as the one in my avatar. I'll be sure to credit you next time.

Respect people's opinions!!! We don't have to like armspreads and other XCM moves!!!

Jason

"skusslechea"
-psalms 35

Jason

yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
Yes Jason, no one's telling you to do armspreads, but even if you do want to confine yourself to using two handed cuts, you should still be able to do some things a little more creative and interesting. Actually, you did a pretty good job getting away from the cuts that video, instead you gave us 20 seconds of card changes. Yay. Card changes. Just what I always wanted to see for 20 seconds. Seriously man, you would have been better off just having one change.
ewizardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
117 Posts

Profile of ewizardmagic
Dude...Jerry Cestowski LOVES color changes. I hope you aren't being sarcastic about mine in my video.

Jason

"skusslechea"
-psalms 35

Jason

yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
I love a good color change, I even love two, but for 20 seconds? that seriously doesn't seem a bit exessive? Plus, it's not like they were radically different looking changes. They were all very similar looking, and frankly, I got bored after 10 seconds, if not sooner.
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
Hasn't this gone on long enough? We all know that De'vo and Jerry are ridiculously talented and creative. I own CTG (first edition, signed) and the Encyclopedia, and I think both of them are awesome.
I respect you XCMers for your skills and creativity, but you guys have to realize that not everyone can invent flourishes so easily. De' put out his material so that people might learn it and be inspired to evolve the XCM art, but that man is a genius when it comes to manipulation; very few can match his creativity.
True, Jason's two-hand cuts may not be perfect, but we're all at various stages of learning. He's simply showing what he has been working on; he's not claiming to be the best. It's sad that a lot of magicians don't respect you XCMers, but I think that one of the reasons you guys are hated so much is because you rag on those who are beginning to learn the art.

Chillax, guys.

Dave
kxxcheng
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of kxxcheng
Well said, Dave.
Karen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Trixx (video) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL