The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The creative magic of Pavel DVD's (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Epting
View Profile
New user
france
10 Posts

Profile of Epting
I have buy the complet collection of Pavel's DVD " The creative magic of Pavel", and the demonstrations at the begining of each DVD was not excellent ! You can see the gimmicks and a lot of secrets moves ... This problem ruin the pleasure !! On the over hand, some tricks are difficult to build ... But you can find some of good tricks, especially on the Vol. 3 ( mental special ) . But once again, I'm very disappointed by the low quality concerning the demonstration parts ...
It's a shame, because Pavel is very nice ...
Ludo. Smile
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>You can see the gimmicks and a lot of
>secrets moves ... This problem ruin the >pleasure !!

I wasn't as turned off by the exposure as you were, but I rewound the tapes and laughed when I saw him palming the coin in the coin thru balloon routine. Poor camera angle.

Yes, there are a FEW good and new gems on here ... overall, for 4 tapes worth, I wouldn't say I got too much value, especially because there's no one tape with all the good stuff on them, of course. Hopefully, even some of the cornier effects can be adapted and used in a different context to suit differing people's tastes. I hope this doesn't set a new standard for videos (ie 4-volume sets rather than 3).
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I bought volume two and just finished watching it. I think I agree with others that there are some very nice (even brilliant) things smattered among a lot of mediocre things on this tape.

I bought this tape to learn how to attach magnets and snap fasteners. Pavel's explanations weren't real good, but I think there's enough information for me to give it a go.

A couple of his rope segments were VERY good...especially the Professor's Nightmare segment with the long and short ropes.

His coin thru balloon is very clever, but too angly. The moment when the coin penetrates the balloon looks like real magic.

The main problem I have with much of Pavel's stuff is that I can't use it - so much of it depends on an audience sitting all in front of you, or at a distance so they can't see some of the gimmicks.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the tape because I think I'll be able to make my own rope gimmicks. And I really like a couple of the rope routines - they're as magical looking as I've ever seen. The rest of the tape is a mild dissapointment.

Perhaps when he speaks in his own language, he does better...but Pavel does not do a very good job explaining the routines in english.

Ron Reid
jw_2101
View Profile
New user
Singapore
76 Posts

Profile of jw_2101
I too was somewhat dissappointed... I did not find stuff that I would use... at tis point at least...

regds
Jonathan
He is no fool who would give what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
It is more of production quality issue here, not Pavel's creativity, which I think is much more superior than mine!

These tapes/DVDs I would recommmend to anyone, especially Vol 3
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of wally
I want Creative Magic Of Pavel - Volume 3 - DVD anyone got it , I will trade, thanks.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of wally
Still looking .pavel volume 3.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Are these tapes available in DVD format? And, in fact, are they still available at all?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5842 Posts

Profile of motown
There available as a 4 DVD set from L&L publishing. There's some excellent magic on them.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thank you! I had them on VHS but no longer have a VCR
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm really disappointed to see, after hitting Google, that most if not all of Pavel's VHS tapes are not available on DVD.

I did a search for the Pavel Cabaret Potpourri series, and struck out. I'm putting together a new act, and thought maybe one or two of the items might brighten up my show, but I'm having no luck. I used to own these on VHS tape, but that is history. My search for this series on DVD is fruitless.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5283 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Pavel's work is on DVD.

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......a&page=2

His older stuff can be gotten directly from the Pavel web site (PAL but a PAL player can be had as a free download to your computer).

http://www.pavelmagic.com/us/mainhome.php?p=dvd_props_us
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I sure do appreciate the link, my friend! I'll check it out.
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
So from 1 to 10 wich vote would you give to this work?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It's been a long time since I watched it. Years in fact. I just remember that many of the effects were very colorful.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5842 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, BlackZ wrote:
Pavel was a very creative and inventive fellow. These DVDs refect that. There's a lot of diversity on them. Depending on the the kind of magic you like, some of the DVDs may appeal to you more then others. Overall, I would rate them between a 7 and 8.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
When you say he "was" I'm wondering if he passed away?
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, motown wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, BlackZ wrote:
Pavel was a very creative and inventive fellow. These DVDs refect that. There's a lot of diversity on them. Depending on the the kind of magic you like, some of the DVDs may appeal to you more then others. Overall, I would rate them between a 7 and 8.

Thanks for the answer
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Is he still among the living?
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 4,553+ posts, only credited with
126 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
On February 8, 2011, PAVEL died from cancer in his home in Switzerland.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The creative magic of Pavel DVD's (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL