The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Show Report 5/25/05 First Gig on my own (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
I did a Boy Scout Blue and Gold dinner/ceremony last night on my own. I had a blast. I did table hopping for about 4 long table of scouts and siblings. The age range was broad 6-13 I guessed. I did Sponge bunnies, Bill Abbott's Excellent Edwin Alonzo Boyd, C&R rope, disappearing meatball trick (you had to be there quite funny), Red Hot momma, Gerry Griffin's Invisible Card (got such an great reaction with that one and it is easier than dirt to do), Color Monte using candy instead of money and of course vanished a number of things and made them appear out of a lot ears, noses and other extremities. Got swarmed by some of the younger boys but I handled it with control. I was armed for bear so I had stuff bursting out at the seams Smile. Almost had too much, going to retool some stuff and pare down a bit.

Tonight's walk around is the opposite, I am performing for my Knights of Columbus Council comprised of greater than 55 year old men, so I think I will stick more card, coin, mentalism stuff. Any suggestions?
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
You seem to be on the right track. Have fun!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Cub Scout Blue and Gold banquets are the roughest audiences on earth. If you can make it there you can make it anywhere. You have been through the baptism of fire all other gigs will be a snap for you now.
Congradulations
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
JoeFreedom
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of JoeFreedom
Congrats! It's an awesome thing to fledge!
JoeFreedom

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right.
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
380 Posts

Profile of atucci
Congrats! One of my first stage shows was for a B&G dinner and it was tough (lions & Christians tough!). I can't imagine the challenge for strolling. Good for you!
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Show Report 5/25/05 First Gig on my own (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL