The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Most difficult handcuff or lock to pick open? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mind Freak
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Mind Freak
Can anyone tell me which handcuffs or locks are most difficult to pick open? And is anything out there pick proof?

Roger Smile
sbroomheadsr
View Profile
New user
This, That, and only
54 Posts

Profile of sbroomheadsr
Probably has a deep significance but to me the lock that look easy isn't.
S Broomhead
Mind Freak
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Mind Freak
Hmmmm, not a good start on this one.

Roger Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I don't think you will get much of an answer here on this one. A lock smith might answer what lock takes the longest to get through...

I once asked a locksmith friend what was the best lock for a door. He told me not to bother, and explained how he defeated one office lock by climbing through the acoustic dropped ceiling. The he told me about a custom bulit cement filled, double security lcok, bomb proof door. A thief ignored the door an cut through the wall to get in.

Problem here is that we are people who love a challenge. If there is a key hole, we will find a way to pick it.

So maybe, try asking what lock took the longest to learn to pick? You might get more answers.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
The toughest designed locks/handcuffs to pick are the better medecos. They are a retrofit onto the cuff for added security. But the most difficult to get into are the vintage cuffs that have been rusted toether and you have to get them open before you can pop out the lock to fix them... an intriguing 'catch 22'.

Even when a cuff or lock is difficult to open, there are other techniques for dealing with the situation. When facing the challenge of other's people's lock and handcuffs, you need to be ready. Learn and read everything you can get your hands on. Practice and experiment with anything you can take apart. Ask questions using as many people for resources as you can. In all of this you will learn what you need to know.

The escape community, for the most part, is a very sharing and generous community. They are careful to keep their secrets from those outside the community while sharing with those within.

So in short- Learn and Network!

Clyde
Mind Freak
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Mind Freak
Thank you Clyde! I'll be using this advice for sure. A science teacher once told me that if it ever comes to the point when you start thinking you have mastered every trick, method, and idea... You have begun to hinder you're ability to think outside the box, and thus have hurt you're own education and profession! You are never to young or old to learn something new! He was right!!!!! We live in a perpetual cycle of learning, and should embrace and welcome every bit of knowledge and idea that comes our way. To experiment, is to expand... Our horizion is never ending... If you don't know something, ask someone, if they don't know, ask someone else. Never start thinking you know it all, because the truth is, you don't! And that thinking does in fact hurt you're own developement and education. It works for me anyway!

Roger (Mind Freak) Smile
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I'm surprised no one has Mentioned the King Breaker Handcuffs yet.
TheHandcuffKing
View Profile
New user
Around About Here
19 Posts

Profile of TheHandcuffKing
I call myself the "Handcuff King" for good reason, but I don't like to talk about that because it looks like I'm bragging, I'm not, I tell the truth with my name. But I don't like it when I see this guy and that guy saying he can do this and he can do that and then somone comes in and flames him to the ground. This is not brotherhood as Escape Artists are known for, it's called "oneupmanship". I like to hear about everyones talent at escapes, I hate the jealous flaming.

HK.
"If it can be locked onto my wrists, I will open it"
RADIOMAN
View Profile
New user
Collegeville, PA
24 Posts

Profile of RADIOMAN
Donster,

What are the King Breaker Handcuffs? I'm new to escapes, but am an experienced locksmith.

Bob

HK,

Are you from the US? The only cuffs I have been able to pick or pop open are the Smith & Wesson style with the double lock mechanism. I am still slow at it with the double lock engaged.

Bob

Pastor Clyde,

I never heard of retrofitting handcuffs with Medeco (TM) locks. Is this something new? I am an experienced locksmith and agree that Medeco are among the most pick "resistant." I read in a locksmith manual once that no lock is pick proof. Every locksmith (or escape artist) likes a challenge, right?

BOB
Robert Daniels. "The Great Mystini"
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Bob,

If you go to the pictures of my cuff collection you can see (barely) a set. http://mighellsillusions.com/Restraints.htm

Look at the first panel in the second row. On the bottom is a pair of cuffs on a 45 degree angle. There are black portions on each cuff. That is a Peerless cuff retrofitted with a medeco lock. Its known as the Peerless 710. There was also a 510 that looks about the same.

Even medeco has variying degrees of difficulties. I think the name was meant to scare a person off since it isn't that hard to pick. You see, it isn't the more complex lock that they make.

As to there being no "pick proof" cuff, I hope I can prove that wrong. I am beginning the process of applying for a patent for one that I believe cannot be picked. And the joy is that it uses the standard handcuff key. We'll see. Once patented, I'll probably challenge a few on here to see if I'm right by giving them a chance at it.

Hehehe yes, we do like challenges. Smile

Have a great one!

Clyde
RADIOMAN
View Profile
New user
Collegeville, PA
24 Posts

Profile of RADIOMAN
Clyde

I will check those cuffs later. I had a hard time seeing them in the photo.

Best wishes on your new cuff lock.

Bob
Robert Daniels. "The Great Mystini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Most difficult handcuff or lock to pick open? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL