The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Important Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
I plan on buying a ring for my girlfriend but due to a few unfortaunate occurences, do not have much money. I came across a site that appealed to me but because of the low prices, I am worried that the diamonds are fake. Could anyone who knows what they're talking about check out PhilipNoel.com, and see if it is for real. Also, the link to the specific ring I want is here. Is this for real? Also, any other suggestions for where I can get an affordable but nice ring (I'm getting her a ring as a promise ring).

Thanks so much,
Ben
14allnall41
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of 14allnall41
Hi Ben,
It looks to me like the diamonds are real. They are basically diamond chips though. The entire ring weighs 1.8 grams. You can find something similiar in a jewelry store for around the same price.
If it's a promise ring you could check into a nice setting and a simulated diamond or moisannite (sp?). They look good and later you can replace the stone with a genuine diamond.
Good Luck Smile
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Diamonds are generally 50% to 80% marked-up in value, especially in the mall stores.

I went to a friend who made the rings and his friend showed me the diamonds, I picked the diamond then found a setting for it. All for a great price.

My son went to a diamond show and bought his engagement diamond there then looked for a setting. He also got a good deal.

The prices on that page are reasonable but I too, suspect them to be diamond chips. I know nothing of the company.
Dennis Michael
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Hmmmm! 14K metal and the whole thing 1.8g.
You get what you pay for and this is reflected in the price. I would give them $25 for it and no more.
A good diamond will always be mounted on 18k metal or above.

Check out local auctions. Go to one and see whats for sale.
I have found much quality jewelery at auctions. example, I bought a diamond and saffire ring for £28. It still had the store price tag on valued at £735.
I took it to be valued at my local and he quoted £600 resale and insurance of £800.
I have bought some real bargains at auction and recommend it strongly.

Also, try ebay. If you see something you like them PM me with the details and I will advise you on the item. I may even contact the seller for you with the right questions.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Important Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL