The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The best question that's hardly ever asked (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
frater_dionisio
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of frater_dionisio
I wonder if anyone here actually does practice "real magick" as well.

I have a history in chaos magick which is very effective but quite different from sleight of hand and such.... yet not far off from mentalism.

it greatly involves tapping the unconscious and using your entire brain... the other 95%. as well as increasing syncronicities.... which all works and I have found in mentalist writings.
I think derren brown was greatly advocating taking chances on getting guesses right and having outs if it doesn't work and how the more you trust your hunch the more accurate it becomes.

I love it! ive been doing this already without knowing what it was and now ive got some really great direction as well as a well developed persona.... people will think its just me but more developed.

:.
:.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think the misers dream might be first on my list, possibly perhaps, but on second thought I believe I would just use the power to heal my wife's congenital heart problem....
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Stage Magician... an actor playing the part of someone who can do the impossible.

Yet, if we are good, we transport our audience to a place where the impossible happens. Also, for a few minutes, we take our audience from the daily tasks and minor problems. Isn't that magic?
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
saxmangeoff
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, ID, USA
353 Posts

Profile of saxmangeoff
If you can do real magic, why bother with the miser's dream? Why not just produce the things you want/need? Did you ever see Samantha or Jeannie produce money?

Geoff
"You must practice your material until it becomes boring, then practice it until it becomes beautiful." -- Bill Palmer
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
We should ask Uri Geller this question!

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2005-05-28 05:10, Shikina wrote:
because none of us are truly manipulators of the supernatural.

Perhaps not but I am a manipulator of natures forces and I do occasionally bend them to fit my agenda for the amusement of a paying audience. To me that is real magic the magic of science.

And people that believe that I do anything that I do IS supernatural or in league with the Devil seem to be religious leaders that have their own slant on the science I use and are bending natures forces to fit their agenda.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The best question that's hardly ever asked (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL