We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Zero Memorization Memorized Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
I literally purchased this effect yeterday, and this is definitely a hidden gem. This is now a favorite. It requires all most no work by you, only showmanship. The routine is exactly as described, and there are no funny moves. For 5 dollars, how can you go wrong. The routine make3s look like a mind expert, and would fit great in a mentalists act. Go for the 5 dollars, and try it out. It's a fun concept.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6160 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I'm assuming it's really not a memorized deck... for instance, if I called out the three of spades could you tell me the exact numerical position in your deck like it's 23rd from the top and if I said what is the 41st card could you say it's the six of diamonds or whatever is really there?
Just curious if it does exactly what can be done with any memorized deck. Also, can a spectator look through it and see no visible pattern?
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Yes Greg, you are correct in that it could not be used as a full stack. It uses a half stack. Yes they could look throught the deck and see no pattern, but I can not tell you at whicyh position a card is...The PDF explains this in more detail...so no its not really a mem. deck, yet it is...

Confusing.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6160 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Sounds nice, but do yourself a favor and learn a real memorized deck... you'll be glad you did. Learn anyone that's out there: Six Hour, Doug Dyment's Quick Stack, Tamariz stack, Aronson, etc... then get some of the Aronson books to see some wonderful applications.

Greg

P.S. I use the Six Hour stack and I'm so happy I know it and use it.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
If this is the Andrew Mayne routine it is great. It is not a system just a series of tricks and very good ones.

The idea is that you have a rapid memory and you can memorise cards at an incredible rate. I like it and it's really easy.

Just to let you know though, I use the Tamariz stack and do agree it's a super powerful weapon.

I have used the Andruzzi magazine memory method for years, so I just used that to memorise the Tamariz stack.

James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2204 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Xiqual, Where can this Andruzzi magazine memory method be found? If it could help me memorize the Aronson stack I would be greatful.
Greg... Have you had any problems applying the 6 hour stack to any of the Aronson or other routines?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6160 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-05-29 05:36, shomemagic wrote:
Xiqual, Where can this Andruzzi magazine memory method be found? If it could help me memorize the Aronson stack I would be greatful.
Greg... Have you had any problems applying the 6 hour stack to any of the Aronson or other routines?

I've never tried any of the poker stack or poker demonstration routines, but all his other ideas work with just about any stack. There is one great idea where you never touch the deck and three cards are selected and you are able to tell either the cards or what position they lie in. There's one routine like this in one of his books that I'm dying to use on a stage.
Greg
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
763 Posts

Profile of Josho
Shomemagic,

I think the Andruzzi magazine act, which can be purchases from http://www.floraco.com, relies on a memory system very much like the one Harry Lorayne teaches in all his memory books. Do yourself a MAJOR favor: buy one of those books (either "The Memory Book" or "How to Develop a Super-Power Memory" for a buck on http://www.half.com (okay, with shipping, it'll work out to about $4 or $5)...much cheaper than buying the Magazine Memory Act, and once you learn the system (which will take you a very short period of time), the Magazine Memory Act will become quite obvious and downright easy...as will memorizing the stack or just about anything else you want.

Really. Seriously. It will be THE best $5 you've ever spent on magic, and will make all sorts of memorization tasks very easy.

--Josh
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
I own Mnemonica....just thought I would try this routine out...
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I absolutely agree about Harry Lorayne's books and tapes. Excellent.

I use the magazine memory act in shows and as a demo of super memory. I do like Andruzzi's peg system idea much better though and finding your own associations is the only way to go.

Jonathan said "I own Mnemonica....just thought I would try this routinge out..."

Have you got the stack down? I think Tamariz method is really smart and fast.
I just used my system because I did it while I was driving.

Anyway, I LOVE MNEMONICS!!!!!!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Working on it...I am a little busy with exams right now...hehe
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I have to say that as someone who also does some memorized deck work, Mayne's system is STILL worth it. Why? Because it's simple. It doesn't take a ton of time, and if you don't do it for 3 years, you'll be able to pick it up without a refresher and just do it.

It's a neat concept and worth the read even if it's only for educational purposes. I know that it has sparked my brain to come up with a few neat little ways of using his idea.

If for 5 bucks you can get something that will spark you to come up with your own quality work, do it.

-Chris.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24210 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-05-30 10:11, Jonathan Rice wrote:
Working on it...I am a little busy with exams right now...hehe

If you knew a good mnemonic system it could easily cut down on the amount of time you had to spend memorizing material for tests. It would certainly help you with your organizational skills.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24210 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-06-28 23:42, chris_stolz wrote:
I have to say that as someone who also does some memorized deck work, Mayne's system is STILL worth it. Why? Because it's simple. It doesn't take a ton of time, and if you don't do it for 3 years, you'll be able to pick it up without a refresher and just do it.

It's a neat concept and worth the read even if it's only for educational purposes. I know that it has sparked my brain to come up with a few neat little ways of using his idea.

If for 5 bucks you can get something that will spark you to come up with your own quality work, do it.

-Chris.

Have you ever seen "The Nikola System?" What about the John Cornelius System? What about the material with the Breakthrough system?

None of these systems is worth having if you don't use them. Most of them have effects that can be transferred from one system to the other.

There is very little new in Mnemonics. The principles are easily transferred from one system to another. The trick is to learn a system that gives you plenty of flexibility and will allow expanding into other fields besides cards.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I do know and use the Nikola. I think it's great. It took me roughly 3 hours to learn, and was worth every second.

I do however, also enjoy Mayne's idea here. I think it's important to try new things and I found this to be something I enjoyed.

I think there are far more interesting things you can do with it that Mayne has really missed out on.

- Chris
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Andrew Maynes idea isn't a new idea at all. Derren Brown states and explains this idea of a stack in Pure Effect. Derren doesn't make a big deal about it- its just part of the handling.

lukker bye!
budionodarmawan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of budionodarmawan
Quote:
On 2005-07-02 15:46, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-06-28 23:42, chris_stolz wrote:

-Chris.

Have you ever seen "The Nikola System?" What about the John Cornelius System? What about the material with the Breakthrough system?

None of these systems is worth having if you don't use them. Most of them have effects that can be transferred from one system to the other.

There is very little new in Mnemonics. The principles are easily transferred from one system to another. The trick is to learn a system that gives you plenty of flexibility and will allow expanding into other fields besides cards.

Nikola system is not universal, means you have to adapted to your own language. if your language is english, you r fortunate enough then. but for other language...
I learn and made myself a peg list on nikola system for 3 months, it worked. I used it a lot. After that, I learn the breakthrough card system. It is a great invention. But still it is a cyclical stack, not memorized system. although Mr Osterlind made the newer version of BCS, but if I am not mistaken, he ever said that his stack is not to memorized.
The new one I learned is mnemonica. It is great, universal, and like you said, the method can be transffered to other stack. The one that I really like and use a lot in mnemonica is it can come from new deck order, become staystack, and then return to new deck order.
I ever heard about the cornellius system, but I couldn't find out where can I learn that stack. Can you give me any information ? And what is the features off joyal stack system ?
Best Regards

Budiono
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of amakar
Anyone use the Ireland Stack?
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
127 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
I have used Andrew Maynes version and I noticed that is similar to Derren's in 'Pure Effect'. Also, Charles Gauci is teaching a version in his current lecture which he calls "Super Memory". I cannot remember who he credits for the idea, but I remember he said he has used it for a decade or more. I will say the effect is wonderful regardless of origin, I have to beleive it's one of those techniques that's just been around for a long time and the originator has been lost in the shuffle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Zero Memorization Memorized Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL