The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Peter Marvey card manip music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Moor
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Richard Moor
Hi,

Does anyone know the piece of music Peter Marvey uses for at the end of his card sequence when he produces the jumbo's? I have heard other magicians use the same piece on the WGM too and would love to know the artist and title.

Any help would be gratefully received

Rich
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Most of the music used on those specials was composed by Gary Oulette's son, and is not available anywhere else. The music was composed as a royalty free substitute for the performer's original music.
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
Zombieboy,

I think that is not true, at least completely.
Peter Marvey, in his rotine, uses various segments of songs from the group "Yello".
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I do know that Zopmbie boy is partially correct. Unless an act had already hired and uses music that they had composed for their act, the music would not be allowed on the WGM TV special because their would be copyright infringment issues. This is why you noticed a lot of magicians on the special performing to music that was not their normal music. I am not suire if this was the case with Marvey or not.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Yes Zombie is right- some of Peter Marvey's Cocktail music appears in another special- uuuum one of the illusionists with the Tiger. the music kicks in 1/2 way through the act.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Quote:
On 2005-05-29 15:05, ruijorge wrote:
Zombieboy,

I think that is not true, at least completely.
Peter Marvey, in his rotine, uses various segments of songs from the group "Yello".


This is the music he uses normally, not what he used on the TV special.
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
I only know the part of the manipulation balls, is the music of the PINK PHANTER

TA RA TARAM. TA RA. TARAM TARAM TARAM TA TARAM ........
When I heard this music I always remember Peter
;)
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Well there's been mention of the band "Yellow" which I've been unable to find online. I've tried several combinations of search words but come up with nothing. Have any of you found their official website or samples of their music online?

My search results get me anything from Yellow Fever to Yellow Pages but no such band. And oh Lordy that Yellow Pages is everywhere!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22353 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-07-01 12:17, RandyStewart wrote:
Well there's been mention of the band "Yellow" which I've been unable to find online. I've tried several combinations of search words but come up with nothing. Have any of you found their official website or samples of their music online?

My search results get me anything from Yellow Fever to Yellow Pages but no such band. And oh Lordy that Yellow Pages is everywhere!


It seems you did not read the above string. It is not Yellow but Yello. I found it by entering Yello music.

http://www.yello.ch

If you have your browser set to block pop-ups, hold down the ctrl key while click on any of the Yello links including the one above.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2005-07-01 13:08, wmhegbli wrote:

It seems you did not read the above string. It is not Yellow but Yello. I found it by entering Yello music.

http://www.yello.ch

If you have your browser set to block pop-ups, hold down the ctrl key while click on any of the Yello links including the one above.


Oh wmhegbli where would some of us be without ya! So much for my speed reading capabilities. Thanks for pointing out the oversight.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Peter Marvey card manip music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL