The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » I need help getting hired for a restaurant gig (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
Hey, I really want to do restaurant magic! I was wondering what do I do or say to get hired? What should I charge? etc...

Thanks
Shane
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
First... go read "The Restaurant Worker's Handbook" by Jim Pace & Jerry MacGregor. Then, if you still have questions, feel free to ask.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
You might also want to check out The Magic Menu. Also do a search as this has been discussed before.
magicmoment
View Profile
New user
Down Under Australia
54 Posts

Profile of magicmoment
"The Complete Guide to Restaurant and Walk Around Magic", by Kirk Charles. Full of fruitful information to get you going. A wise investment for Restaurant workers.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
I want to recommend Scott Hollingsworth's Cashing In On Close-up Magic. No tricks, but very sage advice on getting and keeping the "gig".

Respectfully,

Paul Green
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Thanks for this info, it's very helpful to me also

Tom
anticoin
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of anticoin
Magic is like a business nowadays if you want to get paid..
The product we are selling is Magic, and in business, you have to know the right people in order to succeed, and people not only need to like your product, but you as a person.
Same for magic. You can be incredibly skillful, but not liked by people very much. If they don't like you, they won't hire you.
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Read the books. Then ask. Or, you can do a search since this question and likely many others you have not asked yet have been answered in many threads. But I still highly recommend you get a hold of the books mentioned above. You won't have to many questions after that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » I need help getting hired for a restaurant gig (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL