The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » A few questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
How long should you spend at each group/table?

How many routines?

Should I perform different stuff from table to table or do the same routines at each table?

A few more questions:

How will I know when I'm ready to work tables?

Should I take a close-up pad/mat from table to table, buy a rolling table or neither?

Do people actually tip magicians working tables? How much?

What type of restaurant is good to table hop at?
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Magic Sam
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of Magic Sam
I suggest you get Kirk Charles(?) or Jim Pace's restaurant magic books. They'll give you all the info you need. It all depends on the audience, their reactions, the length and type of routines you're doing, etc etc.

I spend 2-5 minutes strolling (bar/waiting line), 7-12 minutes for a seated group. That could be 3 effects or 6, depending. Definitely have several routines available. What happens when you get a lukewarm reaction to a routine.. you want to switch it up! Also, people watch from other tables, so they'll notice if you do the exact same effects. Theme your routines so they open and close nicely, but be able to switch in a different effect at any time if something happens. Good luck!
Magic is like a party in your eyes, where everyone's drunk and breaking the furniture
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
On average 5-7 minutes will do fine, that's about two maybe three routines, and try to cary it just incase you ave the next table looking over your shoulder. If you should decide to do the same stuff then skip tables.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Listen to Magic Sam. He's dead center on the right path. Considering all the variables, never forget the old adage, "Always leave 'em wanting more." The cutoff point will always be different if you remember that saying and learn to read the situation at hand.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Thank-you!

Magic Sam-
Where can I buy those books?

Michael-
I'll remember that.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » A few questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL