The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PS2 or XBOX? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Peelz
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Peelz
Well, Im not going to go into all the games I play, but I love my sony2.. Its all I play, except for my super nintendo of course Smile
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
Neuromancer, the Cheesebox *is* cool! Like I said, use one of these and you'll never go back to the TV. Framerates are not an issue as such, especially as 99% of PAL stuff does not run in 60htz mode.

Do a google search for Euro. suppliers. The Cheesebox is not the only device though; check this site for <Universal VGA Box>, it came out after the Cheesebox and looks better - and is MUCH cheaper!

http://www.videogamecompany.com/

(just scroll down the main page).

The Sony Screen for the PSOne (not PSX) is no different from TV or VGA monitor.

Frank. Smile
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
X-Box all the way!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
It has been almost 2 years since I originally posted this topic. I finally picked one.

XBOX!

This is an incredible machine. I intend on purchasing Xbox-Live as soon as possible. I have plenty of games to last me a while, and I have Driver3 on hold right now at my local shop.

What is the Xbox game you are anticipating most?

Brian
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
I only have a PS2, and I've had it for almost a year and a half.

I own 29 PS2 games. Some titles include, "Onimusha", "Ape Escape 2", "Dark Cloud", "Grand Theft Auto III", "Hitman", "Siren", Silent Hill 2", "Silent Hill 3", "Resident Evil: Code Veronica X", "Myst: Exile", and others. Out of the 29 games I own, I've only completed about 3 of them. Just don't have a lot of time to sit and play through all the levels, etc.!

I buy a lot of these games for the creativity that goes into designing them, making the puzzles, creating the artwork, etc.. But I buy them mainly to appreciate the creativity behind each title. Same reason I buy a lot of magic and mentalism effects -- to appreciate the creativity and thought that goes into designing something unusual, fun, and intereseting!

P.S. I just finished the PC game "Syberia", which I bought about a year ago and started playing about a year ago. Finally got around to completing my saved game that's been stored on my computer's hardrive!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I love Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City. They have to be two of my favorites. To follow that would definately be True Crime: Streets of L.A., Spongebob Squarepants (hey, don't be dissing the sponge now), Halo, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.

I am anticipating Halo 2, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Anyone here ever watch X-Play? It is a video game review show on the Tech-TV network. Morgan Webb has got to be the best thing since the Xbox. Smile Shh... Don't mention that to my girlfriend. Smile
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
What do you own? PS2
Which games do you have? Many
What do you like about your system? The best games
And last, where were you on the night of Friday the 13th? can't remember
chajodawg
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of chajodawg
Haha Brian, funny you should bring that up, because every time I am flipping through the channels and I see X-play, I say to myself "damn I am proud that girl plays videogames." Morgan Webb is definitely a hot one, and I was also surprised to see she had a pic and an article in this month's Maxim. Looks like she's going on to bigger and better things.

As far as systems go, I am an also an X-box man. I have had it ever since it came out, and I love it. I have too many games to even name, but some of the ones that I have beaten up recently are Ninja Gaiden and Splinter Cell:PT. Halo is the ultimate classic of course, and I have also been playing around with the GTA's too. I don't have as much time for games anymore, but I still try and play when I get the chance. Another fave of mine is Shenmue II (Shenumue I on DC rocked too).

I had X-box live for a while about a year ago, but my school capped our internet so I couldn't even use it. Now that I am going to be living off campus, I plan on re-signing up and taking advantage of the 2-month free trial Smile I want to play around with Splinter Cell and the upcoming Halo 2 on the net, because they are mostly multiplayer games.

You know what we should do, is create a thread with everybody who has x-box live. Then we can list our gamertags and play with each other. That would be cool, although I don't have it yet like I said Smile
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Haha, we could be playing xbox live with each other and talk magic at the same time.
Only kidding!
Brian
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
PS2.
Buy Grand Theft Auto double pack. It's the best game you'll ever buy in your life!
coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

Profile of coolleprechaun
Ps2 may have a better selection but Gamecube is smaller easier to carry, better graphics, the controllers are easier to hold and to use, I could go on and on but in conclusion, Get GAMECUBE(Got to go, I'm going to go play my awesome Gamecube)

But If I hadto pick PS2 or X-box I would choose PS2

David
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Wow, in the nearly 3 years since I started the post, I owned an xbox, sold an xbox, and now I have a gamecube.
Don't get me wrong, Xbox is incredible. At the time I needed to sell something to pay for some high bills. I got it for 149.00 new, I turned around and sold it 8 months later for 291.00 on ebay with 11 games. I went to a pawn shop two days ago because I was having video game withdrawls. I picked up a Nintendo Gamecube for 59 dollars. It works great. The graphics are flawless and seems just as good as Xbox. I just don't like the minimal selection. But in a few months, I think I will have enough games to keep me content.

I love ebay. I bought a brand new Paper Mario: "The thousand year door" for only 13.00 as opposed to 49.00 at Toys R us.

I don't think I will ever buy new when it comes to game systems again. Its a waste of money to only have it drop a year later to a price 150 dollars less than what you originally paid.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Hmmm...let's see I have a nintendo 64 with well over a dozen games, two PS ones with over a hundred games and one PS2 with about 50 games. I have six kids and one grandchild so video games are the big thing in my house.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
PSP (Play Station Personal) will be released also in US very soon. You can look forawrd to its beautiful display.

However, the game I played on PSP was very dull. Even they use a super hardware, a software can be no good. It's just like Magic.

Hideo Kato

P.S.
MicroSoft is planning to release next version of XBOX, and they hired Japanese game creator. I think this strategy won't work as hiring a good creator won't change philosophy of MicroSoft itself.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Quote:
On 2005-02-26 08:30, Hideo Kato wrote:

MicroSoft is planning to release next version of XBOX, and they hired Japanese game creator. I think this strategy won't work as hiring a good creator won't change philosophy of MicroSoft itself.

Hello, what is Microsoft's philosophy? Smile Anyway, I am looking forward to the release of the new Xbox. However, I will wait until it drops a hundred or so dollars.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I take back what I said about loving ebay. I hate myself for a foolish mistake I made. I was thinking that I purchased the game Paper Mario, I read the fine print, it was for cheat codes. I spent 13.00 dollars on CHEAT CODES!!! I am an idiot!
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Quote:
On 2005-02-26 15:02, Brian Proctor wrote:
Hello, what is Microsoft's philosophy?

Hiring a famous creator not depending on their creativeness is their philosophy.

Hideo Kato
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Although I don't know what is CHEAT CODES, Paper Mario is a very good game. It is much better than the game created by the man MicroSoft hired. (Final Fantasy namely).

Hideo Kato
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I love Final Fantasy! The movie sucked, hey when is Advent Children comin' out?

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
XBox does have the betta in graphics of the two.

The games are around the same as whatever is released on Xbox, usually has a PS2 version and vice versa. Only trademark games such as Final Fantasy for PS2 or Halo for Xbox will not have their counterpart versions

If I were to buy, I would prefer PS2 as I am a Final Fantasy Freak!! But who knows, one day Xbox might have Final Fantasy too. I mean they do have Fable which rocks too :> Anyway, PSP is out in Japan and PS3 is underway!!

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » PS2 or XBOX? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL