The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » 'ello! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DoomPenguin
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DoomPenguin
Hello, my name is Daniel Payne. I'm 14 and I live in Bedford, VA.

I'm new to the Café, but I've been doing magic for awhile. I just recently got a bit more serious about my magic.

I started magic when I was about 6 or so. I read some magic books that were sitting around, checked some out of the library, and learned some simple card tricks from my Dad.

Around 9 or so, I had a small collection of tricks that I kept in a big black suitcase. The collection grew from the cheap Ball and Vase trick that I got from some 'Marvin's Magic'.

I did my first magic show around this time. It was a quick rope trick for a school talent show. The first time it went okay, but then I had to preform it again later that evening for the parents. My volunteer had trouble tieing the knot around my hands =. It ended up with, "Oh, uh... you made an anti-magic knot... Sorry?"

I lost interest at that point. But last month I saw David Blaine on TV again and remembered how I used to love watching his magic back then. So, I came back to magic and learned all the sleights that I had skipped over before.

Anyway, I look foward to being a regular member of the Café.
A broken clock tells the right time twice a day.
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
Welcome back to the wacky world of magic!! and..... Welcome to the Café!!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your intro and welcome to the Café. Make sure you check out the New to Magic forum as it gives invaluable info on what books or vids are highly suggested, depending on where you interest in magic lies. Lots of friendly people offer advice and it sounds like you had a good headstart. Good luck and don't hesitate to post or ask any questions.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2233 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Hey Daniel Payne
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » 'ello! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL