The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » VBS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BondJames628
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
110 Posts

Profile of BondJames628
Hello everyone. I have had the oppourtunity to be hired for a week long vacation bible school skit. This VBS is a little different that others, in that each of the fives days has an overall theme (ex. Day 1- Jesus calls us to follow) and I have to theme my magic tricks for the different days. Well, for the second day, it's Jesus Calls Us to Love. And it's the story about the man's sons leaving and losing his money. I thought about doing some kind of coin routine (making coins appear while talking to the kids about it). Anyone have any other suggestions, I'm stuck here. Thanks.
Beyond Impossible: www.freewebs.com/illoosionzmagic

"I close my eyes in order to see"
~Paul Gauguin
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
The French Drop would be a good one.

Palming would be better. You can make you hands appear to be empty, but show a coin.
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Wouldn't you rather make the coins disappear? The story isn't that he makes money, but loses it, wastes it away.

The crux of the parable in the father's overwhelming love for his son, despite the son's failings. Think overflowing, or something produced that is much bigger than you'd expect it to be. But as a suggestion, I wouldn't parallel it with the money wasted, I'd go with some other symbol or expression of love and mercy.

Maybe something with food. The son is prepared to ask for just a bit of hog feed, but he receives a feast. There has to be a great magic transformation in that somehow.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Hopping Half makes a great little illustration of God's Provision.

You start with God's provision of two coin to do His will, and one coin is used to Honor Him, you take away a copper coin, and what did it cost you? You show you still have a silver and a copper coin, so it cost nothing. God provides. And you do it over and over again, until finally you decide that you have done enough good for God, and this time you will take one coin that you know should be used for the Kingdom, and take it selfishly for yourself. And so what will you have then? Nothing! Showing both hands empty.

Obviously a rough outline...but maybe it will seed an idea or two somewhere..

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
That's very good David! Thanks for sharing.

I have never done nor purchased hopping halves.
I thought about it a few times but for some reason just never got it.
But I like what you shared and would enjoy presenting it in that manner.

As far as an effect for BondJames VBS...

Maybe you could do something with a change bag or better yet a double change bag where:

1) The money (maybe use paper currency instead of coins) vanishes.
2) The money has not only returned but multiplied (pull out larger denominations or lots more of bills, whatever). If you can creatively come up with something to represent food, symbolizing the feast, that would fit in the bag, that would be cool too.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

God bless your efforts and willingness to minister.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » VBS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL