The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » My new blog » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
Scott,

I'm sorry to hear about this unfortunate event. I know the much of the magic community as well as myself will miss your internet articles. If you do by chance finish that article about shows that did not turn out so well, I'd still love to read it!

Take care,
Eric D.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
The potential for abuse of information is huge, and Scott is yet another victim of said abuse. We are much the poorer for this loss as he heads underground.

It won't be long before all the best thinkers are keeping their creations to themselves.

I never thought I'd see *Atlas Shrugged* start to come true in real life.

Scott, my sympathies and regrets. Your writings have always been one of the real joys of the internet, and I mourn their death.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
376 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Drop the name Scott sounds newsworthy and not libelous.

oliver
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
No, I'm not going to drop the name. For one thing, it would violate Café rules. For another, I don't want to stoop to his level. Finally, he has lots of fans who would come to his defense and attack me, and I'm not interested in putting up with that.

Suffice to say it's someone who should know better and has already made enough money that he shouldn't have to steal from me to make more. The truly sad part is that if he had just asked me, I would have been honored to contribute to his project. Instead, he took what was not his and put his name on it. He has lost all respect from me.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Scott,

I mourn the loss of your blog...

:loss:

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
I really enjoyed your blog. I hope you won't allow this ugly episode to color you perception of others.

I'm very sorry for your experience with this.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26991 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Good morning. I found this thread today and read it anticipating something fun to read from Scott.

I got to a link and found NOTHING.

Take it from someone who has had had something significant taken and then taken for granted by the biggest names, it's no excuse to stop expressing yourself. Your publication on the web is by its very nature copyright protected and establishes the "crediting" and also the evidence of the less than honorable act mentioned earlier in this thread.

I for one would like to read what you were offering.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The blog was accidentally deleted. I don't want to go to all the work (it was MANY pages long) of putting it back up. One of the reasons I chose not to do so is that the material from it was being stolen. This thread and one other (where people asked about a specific article on the blog) were, to the best of my knowledge, the only times I've mentioned the theft. I didn't name names or give extensive details. I didn't belabor the issue.

What I choose to publish or not to publish is entirely up to me, as I see it. There is a LOT of my stuff on The Visions site, including articles, reviews and routines. All that stuff is still there and will remain there. I simply am choosing not to go to all the trouble of re-publishing an entire blog. That is my choice to make.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » My new blog » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL