The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » West End - a new video by Karen and Jessica (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
Great job gals

Good to see the ol' green building and BART system haha
(Come on do you guys drive yet?!)
jessicashurtz
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of jessicashurtz
Hey all, thanks again for the really nice comments. glad you guys enjoyed it, sad we're splitting ways.

keith: DART - dallas, not ballas. and yes, I drive, you should know about traffic problems in dallas since you used to live there, and gas is expensive as heck.
-j
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
You ladies gonna get back together after school or during breaks or anything? Or you splitting for good? I'd love to see some more content sometime even if it's like 2 years from now.
The Presitidigitationist
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
Karen: I think the qualitys great around 14MB already. You should see my webcam footage (looks like its recorded in the 70s). I need to grab my video camera in HK...

Justin: You're going to wait TWO years for a video? I could have gotten married in less time than that! (Almost got tricked into one) But hey I'm glad you like it, now Jess + Karen just need to start their fanclub.

Jess: Forgive me, I haven't been back for awhile. As for gas, eh... well if people stopped driving all those pickup trucks :-P (The top two most popular vehicles in the states are pickups) However, it'll be funny seeing you in a hybrid. (I don't mind the 60mpg though) Good luck in school.
Mad Mat
View Profile
New user
Norwich, Norfolk, England
90 Posts

Profile of Mad Mat
Cool video,

I wish I could juggle like that.
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Well it's probably just the best video I've ever seen. Lots of variety, nice music in the back, and I like the whole city type thing, instead of just sitting in a room doing card manips over your lap.
The Presitidigitationist
greydonthemagician
View Profile
Regular user
London, Ontario
149 Posts

Profile of greydonthemagician
Hey,
again nice vid,
what is the cut called that is by the water fall with the blue fashion cards?
greydon
MagicLive! 2015 Smile
jessicashurtz
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of jessicashurtz
Keith: hybrids are ugly.

greydon: thanks Smile the first one is tctsa, the second one is 00.327.0000. both can be found over at dananddave.com in their dvd, "the system" which is well worth the money if you are into cuts.
-j
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Hybrids are a friggin waste of money...

You get a $20-$25 thousand dollar car that performs like a 9 thousand dollar Geo Metro... and all the money you save on gas, you throw right down the toilet when you pay the $5000 for the New Battery the dumb things need every five years...

Honda Civic, 40mpg ..
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You two ladies far exceeded most of what is out there right now. Including that you far exceeded much of the so-called professional drivel available.

Your production qualities were top notch. It is well produced without being overproduced. The video moved along, the music was upbeat without being jarring, it added rather than distracted from your clip. It is clear that the editor took some time and patience in her work. It was kept simple, direct, and was a artistic presentation of the skills being demonstrated.

You have set the bar high!

I have absolutely no criticism of your technique. I suspect that you two are your own hardest critics.

Ok, I would have liked to see you two smile a bit more. The one smile and laugh at the end) during the credits with the flub-up) lights up the room!

I agree with you, I think that the colored Bikes leave a lot to be desired. They are not all that and don’t really make nice looking fans. You might want to try a old fashioned picture design back and see what patterns it gives while fanning. Maybe even try a deck designed for display fanning.

Jessica, which Military Academy are you attending? I used to live in Annapolis and teach at the Naval Academy (way before you were born!). If it’s the naval Academy then sign up for a town sponsor right away. That is a townie that provides a home away from home for Midshipmen. I sponsored over a dozen Mids back in the day. Now I am a couple of hours away but still have friends in the town and would not mind coming down just to watch you do your thing.

Good luck to both of you. Given the amount of dedication you give to this I can only imagine what kind of focus and dedication you will give to your studies! Brains, beauty, and fine motor skills! You two have it all.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
sallan
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of sallan
This video rocks uncontrolably!

Great job!!!

sallan
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Very original
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
still_ill
View Profile
Loyal user
florida
201 Posts

Profile of still_ill
Too bad I have a mac and can't watch it...is there any way to play it in quicktime or realplayer?
rkzad
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
138 Posts

Profile of rkzad
You're in luck... you can get Windows Media Player 9 for Mac OS X

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproduc......owsmedia
- richard
still_ill
View Profile
Loyal user
florida
201 Posts

Profile of still_ill
Wow...thanks so much rkzad...i no longer have to say "oh well" when I see a .wmv

The video looks great...great cuts...and nice choice in songs

I also really liked the juggling...impressive
magician304
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of magician304
Hi,

This is a question for Karen. What video edited software did you use?

Also, If anyone else has any suggestions of software that you can produce professional quality results with, that would be great!
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Karen is not around a lot anymore so I'll just respond for her.

She uses Vegas Video.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
That was the most inspiring thing I have seen in a long time.. I loove it.. you girls are my new idols...
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Vegas rocks, I use it to make my videos. It's simply "magical" what it can do. my own videos shock me after I watch the finished product.
The Presitidigitationist
The Magi88
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of The Magi88
Any one still have the vid I never got to watch it...sob..apperciate all the help thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » West End - a new video by Karen and Jessica (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL