The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Walk around card magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
What are some good sources for card magic in a strolling situation where there is no table?

I currently perform Chicago Suprise, card to wallet, ambitious card, and a couple of other things. I am looking for some solid card material to add to my repertoire for strolling type situations. Are there any books or lecture notes available on this?

Thanks
Simon
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
newtonjj
View Profile
New user
Dallas, TX
12 Posts

Profile of newtonjj
I know I just plugged this trick a couple of days ago, but I'll do it again anyway. One of my favorite "no table" card tricks is John Bannon's Shake Well Before Using from his book, Smoke & Mirrors. It's a full deck oil and water that's quick and very surprising, and it's all done in your hands.
If you want to live on the edge, you can try Daryl's Boomerang card from Secrets of a Puerto Rican Gambler. You have two cards peeked at, and then throw a card up in the air that lands in the pack between the two selected cards. Great trick, but if you don't catch the card you look pretty stupid.
Also, you may want to try a good in-the-hands Triumph. There's one in this month's Genii. I use the one from Larry Jennings.
Elmsley's Between Your Palms is a nice trick that involves a spectator.
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Thanks! I will look into the book Smoke & Mirrors!
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Twisting the aces
Card Monte
Ambitious card
Triumph
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
ziatro
View Profile
Veteran user
Havant, England
322 Posts

Profile of ziatro
There is a New Zealander (just bite the bullet) called Colin H Linn who produced a couple of books on stand-up card magic which was originally published by Martin Breese. Not sure if they are still in print but you could e-mail Martin on
martin@abracadabra.co.uk
peterscarlett
View Profile
Regular user
England
137 Posts

Profile of peterscarlett
The one effect I use in all mix'n'mingle situations is my own Pimpernel Aces. The performer cuts to the Aces after the spectator places them anywhere in the deck and shuffles the deck himself in anyway he likes. The deck is normal and can be used for any other effects, card to wallet (Pimpernel of course!), ambitious card etc. Believe me, this is the effect they talk about afterwards. Go to: http://www.peterscarlett.com/html/details_63.html

Sorry if this looks like an advert!

Peter
Peter Scarlett
Peter Scarlett Magic
www.peterscarlett.com
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
I too have plugged this trick before but "Las Vegas Leaper"/"Instant Replay" by Paul Harris. I perform these in bars and restaurants as well on the streets and people just freak out. JPV
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Walk around card magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL