The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Seven Deadly Sins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I;ve been working on a stand up routine called "The Devil's Bible" about how many people see playing cards as evil. I try and find seven cards whilst trying to figure which of the seven deadly sins card might be in breach of...

So for greed I find the card in my wallet...
For gluttony the card is in my mouth...
For anger, it is stabbed out of the air...

The two that I am not happy with are SLOTH where I act as if I am going to do something amazing then say "Oh I can't be bothered...its the six of diamond." and ENVY where I do a fancy revelation and say "Jealous?"

Neither get a big laugh and previous attempts to get some brain food here on the Café have usually resulted in suggestions about self cutting decks etc which are more about method than presentation.

So since this is the FUNNY section...what would be the the FUNNIEST way to produce a SLOTH and ENVY card?

Thanks!

:)
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Sloth- you could throw the deck a wall and all could fall except for 1.(to lazy to fall)

envy- you could show a card (say A of S) then set down the deck and have the card change with another and say he .have envyed the Ace
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Ha! I like it!
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Sloth, the card could slowly rise from the deck (sleight of hand method).

Envy, the risen card instantly changes into the envious card. (also sleight of hand).
doktokaro
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of doktokaro
A suggestion that you change the patter to some sort of royal tragedy. Such as for Envy, Jack of Diamond kills the ruler and becomes a King of Spade, the ruler of all. But there will always be a good force above, so do a snap change and change it to say, the Ace of Heart. Even that, the good may even change to be evil, and in the story the Ace of Heart wants to impose totalitarianism by having three similar kind (four ace production). etc etc...

Sorry if it sounds lame and not to the point Smile
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
For envy: let the spectator find the card.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
For envy, do a color change and make it be a green-backed card (green with envy). For sloth, do the revelation r-e-a-l-l-y slow.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I like green with envy! Very good!

Thanks guys! all great ideas!
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Sloth: put the deck on the floor, kick it (slowly) and the chosen card turns over or sticks to your foot, or something like that.

The suggestion for envy, above, of letting the spectator find the card is good, but how about him/her finding the card AFTER you fail?
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Sloth - just do a card trick in slow motion. Play with it and talk slowly, move slowly, change your facial expressions slowly - you could have a lot of fun with it!
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Seven Deadly Sins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL